Channel Master 1 meter offset dish with a GEOSATpro HDVR 1200 / ? LNBD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dr. Metasys

Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Fayetteville, NC
Got a new GEOSATpro HDVR 1200 as per SatGuys Review.
I am using a Channel Master 1 meter offset dish with the old Primestar LNB and a Zinwell 3X4 18v-13v Multi-Switch pictured.
I am aimed @ galaxy 19 satellite and I am experiencing the same issues as the folks in the thread GeoSatPro hdvr 1200 Signal Strength. I have a 80% signal strength with 0% quality.
My foremost question is my HDMI cable hook-up replies HDMI format not supported. Is this due to a non-HD LNB?
If so what would be the best LNB to get to:

1) Fit my mounting poles. &
2) Work with my size offset dish & the GeoPro 1200 receiver.

Any help, insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Doc Metasys

Attachments

• My SatDish.jpg
    My SatDish.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 475
  • Primstar LNB_1.jpg
    Primstar LNB_1.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Primstar LNB_2.jpg
    Primstar LNB_2.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 317
  • My Sat Switch.jpg
    My Sat Switch.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 264
Welcome to Satellliteguys
Is this due to a non-HD LNB?
NO. It could care less if the RF(Radio frequencies) it 'acts upon' is analog, digital SD, or HD. Am Or FM, or QPSK or 32psk. RF is RF. That's also why a 40 yr old TV antenna will still work (if designed for the 'band' in use)
To test if the original LNB is bad, swap it with a new one, They 'fit' as they are the same throat diameter.
I really like the performance I get with my Titanium PLL LNBF's on my 30 inch Channel Master.
As to '0' quality, what are your LNB settings? Should be Standard and L.O. of 10750.
LNB power set to "ON"(?)
How do you know you 'are' aimed at 97W if you get ZERO Quality??
www.dishpointer.com Manually enter/select a known active transponder when aiming. 12152 H 20000 is a good one.

There is no such thing as HD lnb. Lnbs receive both standard and hd broadcasts. That's not to say that your lnb hasn't failed. I'm not familiar with Geopro receivers but I'm sure you will get someone who is here.
:welcome2to the forum!!!!

edit: Looks like FaT Air beat me to it...

Do you have another HDMI cable to try? Also maybe there is a video setup menu in the receiver to choose various video formats, might have to choose HDMI 1080i or something like that.

Also it looks like there is water in your plastic bag covering the LNBF. Might be better to leave this off so it can dry up when the rain stops etc. These units are rain resistant and built for the outdoors. Those PMC connectors are great for outdoor connections. Take off the plastic bag before the unit gets moisture inside and ruins it.

I'll reiterate; 14v input on the 3X4 goes to vertical on the LNBF, 18V goes to horizontal. You will have to pan around a bit to find the satellite, unless you are a really experienced "Satellite Guy" and you hit it right off the bat... which is a lucky shot! Best to use the transponder FaT Air has in his post above. Make sure your pole is perfectly vertical. Set the elevation on the dish mounting bracket according to your latitude and snug up the bolts a bit so the dish holds it's position. Then pan the dish SLOWLY around the azimuth indicated in dishpointer.com. You may have to raise or lower the dish a bit (mounting bracket). If everything else is set correctly you should eventually find the signal.
It also helps if you have the receiver/TV close to your dish so you can watch the signal meter while you adjust the dish, unless you have a satellite signal analyzer.

Reactions: Dr. Metasys
Need to watch the Quality level, it will jump up when the desired signal/satellite is being received and locks it in.

It seems you have the wires coming out of the LNB bent much to sharply. I think you are supposed to have no more than a 6 inch radius bend with those wires. That might have nothing to do with your problem, but a sharp bend will damage the wire.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)