Channel Master 36" Satellite Dish, DTN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I just bought this eliptical dish on ebay for $11 plus $50 shipping. Does anyone know anything about it? How will eliptical dish behave as far as signal strength? I plan to put it on a motor.

eliptical dishes seem to be able to deal with satellite adjacent issues (like Russia Today on IA5).

It will work just fine

not sure that I understand Iceberg's reply. Can you pelase elaborate?

Do elliptical dishes provide a stronger signal than an oval of same/simialr size?

Does anyone have the manual for this dish? Offset angle = ?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes signals will be low due to an adjacent satellite next door being more powerful. I ran into that a couple years ago with a sports feed. A team would use the same transponder on G3 but next door on IA6 there was another channel that seemed to light up in the evening (news feed probably) that was more powerful than the feed on G3. So a round dish would give really bad results. I put up an oblong (eliptical) dish and it was able to reject the adjacent satellite and focus more on the feed I wanted and gave me great results.

It will give you a smidge better signal than a round dish.

The elliptical is seen as a circle when you view it at the 22.5 Degree offset angle. In other words, your elliptical is round from the satellite's view from space.

Harold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts