Channel master Download?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bennie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
I've had my Pansat 2700a boxed up for a couple of years. I've set it up again and want to use the Channel Master list I found on "the list." Can anyone tell me where to download the Channel Master program? I "assume" I have to install the Channel Master program on my stb and then install the "list_gxq0.cmproj" to the Channel Master program? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
:confused:
Thanks,

Bennie

This is the last version that I know of (see attached file). I tried to locate the actual website to download the CM project from, but keep getting a server error. I had this zip file stored on my PC, it should be the most recent version.

RADAR

Attachments

• cmsetup1_20_03.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 883
Thanks everyone. I have it nstalled now. HOWEVER, I realized my old Pansat uses a serial cable to connect to the PC. Problem is that my new computers don't have serial ports anymore. Tried a USB to serial cable, but CM gives an error on its two available com ports. Alas, guess I'll have to enter the sats by hand.:popcorn

Bennie

Thanks everyone. I have it nstalled now. HOWEVER, I realized my old Pansat uses a serial cable to connect to the PC. Problem is that my new computers don't have serial ports anymore. Tried a USB to serial cable, but CM gives an error on its two available com ports. Alas, guess I'll have to enter the sats by hand.:popcorn

Bennie

Bennie,

Don't give up here. There is a way. First try all your USB ports of course. Next try a different USB/Serial adapter. They are different because they use different IC chips inside for the conversion process. Some adapters don't process the signals properly, so you have to get one that matches your needs. Then, ensure that you obtain the proper DRIVER software for the USB/Serial adapter.

It may sound daunting, but don't fear... there is an adapter that will make this work so that you don't have to take the LONG road to communicate with your Pansat. I know that it may seem to be a headache at first, trying to find the right adapter, but it is going to resolve a lot of problems for you down the road if you don't give up now.

Please try this adapter: Belkin F5U409 (Google for it for place to purchase.)

It worked very well for me through many applications with different STB's and other serial devices.

RADAR

The same cable I have been using with my laptop to reload my receivers. That model Belkin has not failed me yet. I guess I got lucky when I randomly chose it several years ago.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

:welcome to Satelliteguys jj.

What computer, os, etc. are you using?

If you unzip and run by just hitting ok and next, after all is done do this:

Go to your C: drive then "program files" or program files(x86)
then look for a folder called SharpC then in there you should see Channel Master Folder.
In the channel master folder run the program labeled: stbce

Hi ke4est,
I forgot to look under the program area. I found it an will now start testing on a old pansat I have.
Thanks again for your help. jjaj5008

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts