Channel Master Feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
Does anyone have a C-Band Channel Master Feedhorn? If So How Does It Work For You ? let me know guys is it hard to tune?

I don't, I have a few Chapparel feed horns and something else, not sure what it is. I'll try and remember to look tomorrow and see, but I know it's not a Channel Master, sorry?

Al

i have 2. a friend of mine tells me there real good but i dont know anything about them mine is channel master on my 8ft dish and im trying to figure out if it has an adjustment on it i looked and didnt see anything maybe there's another way to adjust it ? if anyone has one let me know please thanks

I have three feed horns, one on the dish and two in the basement, but none are channel master. What type of adjustment are you looking to make?

I use a CM KU feedhorn on a channel master 1.8 for DBS reception and it is great. In general matching the right horn to your dish is always going to give you the best performance.

-B

sparklies

i have a channel master feedhorn. with a California amp lnb. and some channels come in crystal clear and a few on G5 and a few more satelites come in sparkly what could be the problem . any idea's ? i've adjusted the dish as much as i can, maybe its the feedhorn. needs to be adjusted? any idea's guys if someone can help please do?

You could try making sure that your feed horn is centered on the dish, that the focal length is set correctly, that the dish is round and flat across the face. All of these things will affect performance. If you find that the feed horn is off center and correct it, you will probably need to tweak the dish aiming a bit. Or, it could be your lnb is weak. I guess it could be a lot of things.

Which channels come in sparkly? They might just be weak in your area also.

You could try making sure that your feed horn is centered on the dish, that the focal length is set correctly, that the dish is round and flat across the face. All of these things will affect performance. If you find that the feed horn is off center and correct it, you will probably need to tweak the dish aiming a bit. Or, it could be your lnb is weak. I guess it could be a lot of things.

Which channels come in sparkly? They might just be weak in your area also.

the digital channels . the dc light comes on and goes off and i adjust the scew alittle big and it might stay on for a sec then go off.

He had it professionally installed a few years ago, so I was thinking its just pole mount (either azimuth or leveling) or lnb. Remember hes the one that had it installed in a neighbors yard and had to move it to his yard within this year. I don't think its the harder to adjust adjustments. Also i think its quad leg and doesn't have a clamp ring like chaparral, so i don't these things have yet been moved from professional install.

Last edited:
Make sure the feedhorn is centered. Check to see if the focal distance is correct and the F/D raiio is set for your dish. When all these are correct realign the dish and you should be good to go.

It sounds like an alignment issue. The digital channels are a little harder to lock than the analogs are to tune. Try what tdti1 suggested. When you lock a digital channel it will be a really clean picture. It sounds like you are close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)