Channel Master Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
OK, I got my package from Sadoun (USB to Serial Adapter). I hooked it up to the cable I got from Iceberg (THANKS TONY!). GOt the info from the receiver oaded into the laptop. Did some editing. Downloaded back to the receiver. Now, if I use the Fortec Editor form Fortec's website, it downloads everything correctly to the receiver. If I use Channel Master (which has more features, etc) when I go and export it to the Fortec .cdf format, it does not download to the receiver correctly. Here is what it does. My edited channels are all correct just like I editied them. But if I go to the receiver remote and hit "SAT" then a list of abou 5 satellites come up. They all say ECHO 110 and if I go to "ANTENNA SETUP", my positioner settings are all cleared out. So, I then go back and reload the channel list that I edited in the Fortec editor, and then everything is back to normal. SO at this point, Channel Master does me no good. I am just wondering, is anyone else have this problem? I can use the Fortec editor to save and backup my receiver just fine. THanks for any advice!

Larry
sometimes things happen , don't know why my coolsat acts flacky like that sometimes, i can edit channels and load them and it acts up but if i edit it then re-edit it with the coolsat editor it acts right.. try it see if it helps

get the list you want to edit downloaded from receiver
edit it with CM and export it
now edit it with the fortec editor and save it again as a new name
now try loading it...

its getting where i just use the basic editor now but i do like CM a bit more

Can you use the fortec program to just upload or download the file? On my coolsat, i have to use the coolsat loader to get the file into the computer, use the channel master to edit the files, then use the coolsat loader to put it back into the receiver. Maybe the channel master doesn't support fortec files (for uploading/downloading). i know it doesn't for the coolsat. Just a thought..

Yes, I have to use the Fortec loader to up/download. I will try reopening the Channel Master expoorted file (.cdf) in the Fortec Loader, then re-save it in the Fortec Loader and see if that takes care of it. Otherwise, I will just use the Fortec Loader/Editor since I am just backing up my receiver so that if I have to do a reset, I won't have to re-scan everything :) Thanks for the tips!

I think it is careful practice anyway to:

get channel list from receiver
load into receiver editor to see that it loads correctly
then load into CM and edit, save under a new name
now load the new file back into the receiver editor, make a minor change and resave
then load back into receiver.

The 'official' editor thinks it has done all the work?

Edit: Oops! I see my answer was already offered by gabsphere earlier! Sorry, no offence intended.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)