Channel Master Satellite Meters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbarnes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I was looking around thinking of getting a new meter. I found the Channel Master 1008IFD. It is actually a pair 1007IFDs in one case, so you can measure two LNBs at once. Now the curious part. Some vendors have them listed anywhere from $179 to $305. Then there are a bunch listed for $89. The part numbers, descriptions, etc. are identical for all the 1008IFD. But I don't understand why some are in the $200-300 range and others are $89.

The only difference I finally found was an ASIN number. The cheaper ones are ASIN B001RD9TJC while the more expensive ones are ASIN B000XUBSEE. Of course I can find nothing about what an ASIN number is or what the difference is between these meters.

Any ideas?

I was looking around thinking of getting a new meter. I found the Channel Master 1008IFD. It is actually a pair 1007IFDs in one case, so you can measure two LNBs at once. Now the curious part. Some vendors have them listed anywhere from $179 to $305. Then there are a bunch listed for $89. The part numbers, descriptions, etc. are identical for all the 1008IFD. But I don't understand why some are in the $200-300 range and others are $89.

The only difference I finally found was an ASIN number. The cheaper ones are ASIN B001RD9TJC while the more expensive ones are ASIN B000XUBSEE. Of course I can find nothing about what an ASIN number is or what the difference is between these meters.

Any ideas?

Strange. Only difference I see is the expensive one is from a retailer and the cheap one is from Channel Master. The description is worded slightly differently.
I have one of the 1007 models, and I like it. Only thing is that the battery can be overcharged if you leave it on the charger, and when overcharged, the thing doesn't work until the battery voltage drops.
I paid more than the price of the cheap 1008 for my 1007.

I looked at my 1008IFD and can't find any other identifying codes other than the model number. Can tell you that it is an excellent choice. I also have a top of the line spectrum analyzer and still use the channelmaster when I need that last little peaking for a weak signal (the analog is more sensitive)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)