Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Hi Everybody,
Hope yall got over the turkey and all. :hungry:
I have been doing FTA for over a year now, and believe it or not, I never thought anything about using the Channel Master. I have the impression of something to do with hacking.
If I'm wrong, please correct me. :confused:
If I could use the Channel Master, how would it benefit me?
If I can LEGALLY use the Channel Master, can one of you guys tell me how to use it? I want the best use of my Pansat 2700a and other FTA receivers I am using.
Is there a site that would show the usage of this software?
Thanks!

The program is legal, it allows you to customize your satellites and channel list.
The best thing to do is download it and play with it :)

How can I do that? I got the Channel Master installed on this computer. What next?
Please forgive me for asking a stupid question. I don't want to screw up anything.
And how do I load it into my FTA receivers? Does it make any difference on the brands of FTA receivers?

SharpC Consulting Group I believe is the site. There's a list of supported receivers there, see if your boxes are listed. Then its just a matter of connecting the cable to the rec from your computer and downloading the channel list-file.
Open it up with channel master and edit. I never used it, but there's got to
be some instructions with it.

Use the Pansat serial cable you have, Then in the Channel Master software:

Tools -> Read from STB -> select Pansat 2700/3500 -> Next -> Select your serial port (Most Likely COM1) (Options "Read as new channel master") -> NEXT (Wait for it to download)

Ok qwert. I found your thread of November 18th with the template and TheList Channel Master file. I downloaded them. Would that work with my Pansat 2700a?
I also downloaded the latest Channel Master software as well.

I know the template will work (It only has strong transponders (no channels)), I am not sure about TheList in the channel master file, I can't remember if it works.

EDIT - I am testing TheList in the channel master file right now and I will let you know if it works.

i would tell this to everyone , if you plan on adding a list from someone else. always make a copy of you original and save it first . that way if you like it best you can always reload it.

i keep a master copy of my list ... then it makes wild feed scanning easy. after done looking for wild feeds i can always load my master (cleaned up list)

The template will work, TheList channel master file only gives you video :( , I forgot to add the audio pids to it when I create that program (That was a feature I had planned on adding to TheList but I never did), I am planning to go back and fix that sometime, after I finish something else for TheList.

ChannelMaster rules. It allows you to rename channels, move them around and remove transponders without having to wear out your finger and remote :)

The Pansats allow you to upload it directly from the box to CM. The Coolsats you use the loader for Coolsat to load up the channels then open it in CM. You dont change anything on your box until you download it back to the box so you can change as much as you want on the CM list (also allows you to play with it)

When I added my Universal LNB for PAS9 and the Atlantic sats I didnt have them listed in the CS5000. SO I added them but wanted the satellite at the top. Loaded my channels into CM and moved the satellites so they are in order E to W and loaded it back to the CS5000 :)

Channel Master is the Bomb!

Thank you guys for great info! I know I can depend on all of you!

Iceberg is right, Channel Master is the bomb! One way I used it, was I scanned in a satellite with free radio stations, but it didn't have most of the names of what I was listening too. I read the Pansat 2700 into Channel Master, changed the names of the radio stations, so I would know what they were, and then used Channel Master to write them back to the box. Now, I know which radio station was the 80's channel and which was the mexican channel. Plus, it is a whole lot easier editing your channels on the computer, instead of editing it using the box.

I just wish the FTA boxes would allow for longer channel names, when you use the Info button. That way if you are using a satellite like 97W with a bunch of foreign stations, you could add the language and country of origin, when you were watching TV. But that is something that only a user would ask for. Many of the designers of FTA boxes, probably never watch free satellite, and therefore don't think of things like that. :D

Good luck with Channel Master. If you like getting more out of FTA, I believe you will find it alot of fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts