Channel not authorized

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I'm getting this popup on my 722 over the last few days on a number of channels. After the message pops up briefly, it goes away on it's own and all is normal. My 612 does not do this. What's going on here? I believe the channels involved are all coming off 72.7.

Edited to add: I see no problem with signal strength, and the receiver reports all is well, other than the annoying popup.

I'm getting this popup on my 722 over the last few days on a number of channels. After the message pops up briefly, it goes away on it's own and all is normal. My 612 does not do this. What's going on here? I believe the channels involved are all coming off 72.7.

Edited to add: I see no problem with signal strength, and the receiver reports all is well, other than the annoying popup.

Do you know what the message says or the error number?

Do you know what the message says or the error number?

"Programming not authorized" error 005. It comes and goes very quickly, so it's sometimes difficult to read. When it's up, the channel can be a little pixellated as though the signal strength is inadequate.

"Programming not authorized" error 005. It comes and goes very quickly, so it's sometimes difficult to read. When it's up, the channel can be a little pixellated as though the signal strength is inadequate.
I'm pretty sure that code means your left threaded signal straightener is dying. As you no doubt know, they aren't available any more, having been replaced by the interrupted screw waveform polisher in the Hopper, which is much faster to replace but isn't backward compatible.

Beverage?

:devilish:

"signal straightener", "screw waveform polisher"

someone's been reading Penthouse Letters again...

Reactions: navychop
Great! I'll bet it took a long time before he learned to get it all out without laughing.

And I need that Hopper TurboScope!

I'm pretty sure that code means your left threaded signal straightener is dying. As you no doubt know, they aren't available any more, having been replaced by the interrupted screw waveform polisher in the Hopper, which is much faster to replace but isn't backward compatible.

Beverage?

:devilish:
The other possibility is that the flux capacitor is out of alignment.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts