Channel signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mattm1184

Original poster
Jul 16, 2016
Shemya, AK
I am a navaids/radio tech. I've been given the responsibility of maintaining dish network on a remote island in Alaska (shemya). The way we have it set up is to connect to satellite 129 EchoStar west. I have optimized the dish to the best of my ability and get about -47dbm on the "super buddy" I'm told this isn't a great signal but it may be as good as we can expect out here. Our signal strength ranges from 30-36 on all of the transponders. Most of the channels come in fine.

However, the problem we are having is some popular channels that people want are showing "channel Signal Loss" Signal code 12-12-11 and 004 in the top right screen. I am not understanding why most channels would come in fine, but no matter what we try we cannot seem to get cartoon network, HGTV, Travel, Food, FX, and a few others. We have dual (LNB's?) coming in from the dish where they are all connected to splitters (I'd have to look at the actual name of the device) and go to 40 different receivers with a dedicated channel. We've tried to get help on this before but were told those channels all come from transponder 23 or 17 and they may not be able to come in. One panel is slightly warped from wind damage but I wouldn't think it would cause the issue. The plastic membrane that the signal actually goes through on the dish always seems to have condensation on it. I cleaned it once but no change. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction or are we just out of luck with these channels?
On a side note, I connected a blonder tongue amplifier in line to one of the receivers and checked the signal on the super buddy again and it was coming in at -38dbm, no change in any of the mentioned channels though.

A couple of things come to mind. Do you have one of the Alaska packages? They are different than the CONUS packages. And with that, you would need to be assigned to the spotbeams on the 129 satellite, and maybe need to get more than just the 129 Satelilte? (119 and or 110) I would think you are trying to get channels that can not be received with a CONUS signal and should be getting Spotbeams, or you don't have enough signal even from the Spotbeams, or you need to see more than just the 129 Satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)