Channelmaster replacement LNBs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doublea

Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
I have a oval channelmaster dish before the mutliswitches were built in. My "B" LNB is bad where can I find a replacement. Ive tried several places on the net as well as calling channelmaster/andrews with no luck. Suggestions please?

Why not call Directv and have them upgrade your dish for free to a 5 LNB Slimline which is built for the future. Even if you dont need HD today, it will actually be cheaper then trying to find the LNB and installing yourself.

A "B" LNB for 119 should be a standard LNB. The Sat "C" is the special one and probably can be obtained directly from Directv.

Why not call Directv and have them upgrade your dish for free to a 5 LNB Slimline which is built for the future. Even if you dont need HD today, it will actually be cheaper then trying to find the LNB and installing yourself.

I don't know what HSP servers your area, but mine won't install a 5 LNB dish unless you are actually receiving HD service. The reason - cost. The 5 LNB dish costs more for them to order from D* than a 3 LNB dish does.

However, you could easily manage an upgrade to a 3 LNB dish without problems.

I don't know what HSP servers your area, but mine won't install a 5 LNB dish unless you are actually receiving HD service. The reason - cost. The 5 LNB dish costs more for them to order from D* than a 3 LNB dish does.

However, you could easily manage an upgrade to a 3 LNB dish without problems.

Thats rediculous, seeing that the 5 lnb is the way everything is going.
Your local installers probably have a stack of the triple lnb's sitting in thier warehouse.
It was not all that long ago that it was mentioned that D* was placing only the 5 lnb models and you could not get the 3 anymore, due to wanting to get the 5 lnb's into the market.

IF you want a 5, I would call D* and tell them that your installers won't place it and see what they say, tell them you are considering HD but not at the moment.

Jimbo

AU9 costs dealers almost twice what the 3 LNB dish costs. Directv dosen't reimburse on the cost of the dish until it is installed and if a 5LNB isn't needed they don't pay for it.

Thats rediculous, seeing that the 5 lnb is the way everything is going.
Your local installers probably have a stack of the triple lnb's sitting in thier warehouse.
It was not all that long ago that it was mentioned that D* was placing only the 5 lnb models and you could not get the 3 anymore, due to wanting to get the 5 lnb's into the market.

IF you want a 5, I would call D* and tell them that your installers won't place it and see what they say, tell them you are considering HD but not at the moment.

Jimbo

5 LNB is the way HD is going, not SD. And no, we don't have a stack of triple sats sitting in our warehouse because we're installing them on SD jobs. And Boba is right, the AU9 costs more to the install company unless they are installed on a job where D* will pay for them.

As far as calling D*, you can tell them what you want but it doesn't make a difference to what they reimburse the installers for. Just because you "MAY" go to HD sometime in the unspecified future doesn't mean that you're going to get a top of the line, most expensive dish until you do go HD.

your best bet would be calling DTV and requesting a dish upgrade. or a service call. that way you get a new shiny Phase 3 dish

Look regardless of the cost of the install or cost of dish, Directv wants to retain you as a customer and will do what it can to make sure it does. Calling and asking for the dish will get that done. If the front line CSR wont, the retention group WILL. It costs more to lose you and get you back versus installing a dish that costs twice the price. So Directv is very interesting in taking care of you as well as giving you the latest dish when you flip to HD.

Look regardless of the cost of the install or cost of dish, Directv wants to retain you as a customer and will do what it can to make sure it does. Calling and asking for the dish will get that done. If the front line CSR wont, the retention group WILL. It costs more to lose you and get you back versus installing a dish that costs twice the price. So Directv is very interesting in taking care of you as well as giving you the latest dish when you flip to HD.
Your logic is excellent and realistic now if Directv management would only be as logical.:) :) :)

I'm not disagreeing with you on this. Where I disagree with you is that D* will not reimburse the HSP for a 5 LNB install if you are not getting HD service. This goes back to the earlier discussion about D* CSR's obligating another company (the HSPs) to do work for free. They can't. Now if D* were to reimburse for the dish installed, I say make 'em all HD (I get paid more for them). :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts