Channelmaster rocks!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I have to give kudos once again to Channelmaster. I hadn't used it in a long time but my Coolsat box has been doing some wacky things (one of which is rebooting just because) so I figured lets nuke some TP's

Now since the Coolsat nukes the channels associated with a TP, its tough to remember what TP's are legit and which are bunk. Throw in the fact I just added a DBS LNB and added a few satellites into the list, I wanted it a little more organized.

So I opened it up and sucked the info from the receiver. Here is where the fun began. I was able to sort the satellite list from E to W with ease. I went through each satellite and nuked every transponder that didnt have a channel associated with it (couple satellites have no FTA right now so I left one TP there).

Went through and labelled all those DBS channels that say "TV XXX 12345 H Echostar 7" to a little better name (NASA, Gol) and sorted them agina from east to west

downloaded it back into the unit and away we went.

Total time: less than 1/2 hour
Fingers saved from not having to name them via the remote: a lot :)

If you haven't tried Channelmaster yet, you should. It makes it much easier and the newest version supports a lot of different boxes :)

Thanks for the heads up! As all my stuff is newly scanned it is all quite unorganized. Does it do bin saves directly or some other format?

:hatsoff:

I use channelmaster all the time, my serial cable never leaves the back of my Fortec. When I'm done scanning and playing for the day I flip over to the HTPC input on the TV and fix them from the couch with the wireless mouse and keyboard. The true FTA couch potatoe setup! ;)

LordAlex said:
Thanks for the heads up! As all my stuff is newly scanned it is all quite unorganized. Does it do bin saves directly or some other format?

:hatsoff:

Some of the pansats it will do it just fine. Some (like my 1500) I have to use the Pansat loader to upload it, open it in CM, make changes, save it as a Pansat file, then download it back

The 3500 can do it via the card reader thing on it.

I have a coolsat 5000. I had a similar problem as you, and wiped my box clean. I'm having some problems with AMC6 & SBS6 being so close and I get dup channels on both. Would be nice to look at what others have captured in a file.

Here ya go :)

Some satellites I don't have alot on (like IA5) but most of them are there right now. Sats are in order form 61-129

you might have to change some motor settings for optimum performance :)
Also, I use a standard LNB. If you have a Universal, all the LNB settings have to be changed

Attachments

• new coolsat 3.zip
    4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Thanks! I noticed no wild feeds on your list?

I like the way you have each channel named. Is there any way to stop Coolsat from overwiting the name when doing a new blind scan?

walt991 said:
Thanks! I noticed no wild feeds on your list?
nah. I cleaned it up yesterday. Most of the news feeds once they're gone I erase them :)

I like the way you have each channel named. Is there any way to stop Coolsat from overwiting the name when doing a new blind scan?
what do you mesan the name?
When I do a blind scan, the channel names stay the same. Just the new stuff gets added at the end :)

Here is an example...When I do a blind scan, the University Network scans as Service 1 If I rename Service 1 to University Network it will stay University Network until I blind scan. After the blind scan, it goes back to Service 1.

walt991 said:
Here is an example...When I do a blind scan, the University Network scans as Service 1 If I rename Service 1 to University Network it will stay University Network until I blind scan. After the blind scan, it goes back to Service 1.

mine doesn't. It stays as University Network.

When I scan G10, KFDF shows as "TV 2 12214 V Galaxy 10" when it scans, yet when I am done and exit out it changes back to KFDF

What is the current version of the ChannelMaster program? Where can I download a copy?

Thanks...

Ice- I just reset and loaded the file. After the scan, my channel names now stay the same! This really makes it easy. Thanks!

yep... cm is AWESOME! I arranged my satellite list in order from West to East a while back with it, changing names and stuff... In a Pansat 3500 the order on the list doesn't really matter much since it seems to order the sats by alphabetic names. That took me a while to catch on. After changing names to numbers + names it works a lot nicer. For instance G10 R is now named "123 G10R"... so now sort by satellite works right for me, putting G10's channels pretty close to the top (after White Springs, and one of the "election channels" on an echostar). The only thing to keep in mind when doing this sort of set up is that numbers like 74 is higher than 100 since 7 is greater than 1, so you change 74 to 074 and the zero will make it all good again.

What a cool program !! I had my sats reordered from ascending order from 72 west and all the channels renumbered and such with like 3 clicks in 5 minutes. When I loaded back into the receiver, it even made it easy for me to see that I had skipped a bird that I can see!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)