Channels Blocked from area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pmart

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Puerto Rico
Anyone out there knows why some channels are blocked to customers who pay for a whole package.
I live in Puerto Rico and subscribed to AT 180.I was amazed to find out all Latin Channels are blocked from my area.
Your usual response will be appreciated.
Pmart

I am referring to Channels 827-828 (Univision) and 830-833 (Telefutura/Galavision)
which ate listed under Maerican Top 180.

Pmart

The channels are available in AT 120, AT 180, & AEP

827 is on the 119 satellite.
828 is on 110.
830 is on 110.
831 is on 110.
833 is on 119.

If you have both satellites, go to the Point Dish screen in the menu and check the 110 Sat Transponder 1 for channels 828, 830, 831. Check the 119 Sat Transponder 11 for 827 and Transponder 2 for 833.

those channels have been mirorred in the 272 ... range

Perhaps they removed the 800 range from the at sub, but the channels are still available.

If you live in the Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico, E* is contractually required to black both those channels out - they have been doing this for sometime now. See this from the E* website:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/channels/index.asp?NetwID=50406

Not Available for customers in Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands.
Contractually, DISH Network is required to blackout Univision into Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. DISH Network was not extended rights into these territories of the United States. Subscribers in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands can receive the local Univision off air.

It's the same for Galavision & Telefutura as well... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)