Channels I Get

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RoadRoy

Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Page 37 of the DIRECTV Plus Receiver User Guide, under Channels I Get says: In addition to displaying all channels or creating lists of favorite channels, you can also set your DIRECTV Plus Receiver to display only the channels that are in your current subscription package.

I have had my system for four days and have been on with customer support about an hour every days since. Not one of the level 1, 2, or 3 technicians have been able to get this feature to work for me.

When I go Menu, Favorites, Edit Settings, Set Current, I show:
All Channels 479
Ch's I Get 479
Custom 1 67
Custom 2 None

Ch's I Get should be something like 185 based on the packages I have.

If I select Custom 2 and click on Add Ch's I get, the Custom 2 then shows 479.

This is not in accord with the User Guide.

Has anyone got this feature to work correctly?

RoadRoy

I saw that too whenI originally set mine up, but I decided to do it my own way, by going thru all the channels, because there are a lot of them I get that I don't want on the guide, like shopping channels, most music channels, I have no need for MTV or VH1 type stuff anymore.

Jimbo

I saw that too whenI originally set mine up, but I decided to do it my own way, by going thru all the channels, because there are a lot of them I get that I don't want on the guide, like shopping channels, most music channels, I have no need for MTV or VH1 type stuff anymore.

Jimbo

A little too old for those channels, are you? :rolleyes:

Ch's I Get should be working after all of DirecTV's recievers and systems get updated. No sooner.To me, it looks like it should working for everone by March (but I have no inside information).

Jimbo

VH1C is a good channel, they show stuff from the 80's and early 90's.

Back when music was good, love the Metal Mania show.

Page 37 of the DIRECTV Plus Receiver User Guide, under Channels I Get says: In addition to displaying all channels or creating lists of favorite channels, you can also set your DIRECTV Plus Receiver to display only the channels that are in your current subscription package.

You can't believe anything that guide says.

Music was goo in the 60's and 70's

Now Jimbo, you know what they say about the 60's. If you remember them, you weren't really there! :D
I vaguely remember a few Hot Tuna, Bonnie Raitt, Airplane, Johnny Winter, Commander Cody concerts! Vaguely!
You must be as old as I am!

Jonaswan2 said:
Ch's I Get should be working after all of DirecTV's recievers and systems get updated. No sooner.To me, it looks like it should working for everone by March (but I have no inside information).

Jonas, I think you hit the nail on the head. Yesterday morning I talked to a second level support technician named Travis that sounded very competent and understood the problem perfectly. He said there were several features that had not yet been implemented. He transferred me to a higher level tech who didn't know her *** from a hole in the ground who tried to convince me things were working the way they were supposed to, even if it didn't accord with the User Guide.

I finally got frustrated, hung up, and did a search for DirecTV Forum and found you guys.

Again, Jonas, thanks for your insight and I will now hang up and wait for the implementation, even though I won't need it then. I have already created a custom favorite that covers everything I need.

As a full-time RVer who after over ten years with Dish Network and distant channels, had to change providers, I am looking forward to using some of the advanced DirecTV features.

I'll check back now and then to see what is new.

RoadRoy

Now Jimbo, you know what they say about the 60's. If you remember them, you weren't really there! :D
I vaguely remember a few Hot Tuna, Bonnie Raitt, Airplane, Johnny Winter, Commander Cody concerts! Vaguely!
You must be as old as I am!

Yes, I have gotten the idea that we think in the same terms alot, so we are probably in the same age group

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)