Channels not offered

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Why is Direct Tv not offering all the HBO channels? It seems they're the only one who don't. Also why have they not added BET Jazz? I call them every few months with this question and have yet to get and answer. I have Direct Tv since April 2002 and ,with the exception of this problem, have been happy with their service.

I think the only service that offers all the HBO/MAX channels is the 4dtv well except MAX HD, I don't think anyone else has them all, I get I think 24 or 26 feeds, though east and west, well I did now I have a tree in the way :(

How many HBO/MAX channels does DTV have anyway?

tdti1 said:
I think the only service that offers all the HBO/MAX channels is the 4dtv well except MAX HD, I don't think anyone else has them all, I get I think 24 or 26 feeds, though east and west, well I did now I have a tree in the way :(

How many HBO/MAX channels does DTV have anyway?

Most cable companies carry both the east and west feeds of all the SD premium movie channels and for example most Time Warner Cable and Comcast areas have 12 cinemax SD channels while D* only has 3 Cinemax SD channels. Also D* doesn't carry some of the Starz channels either. Also D* is missing HBO Comedy and Zone along with some of the Showtime channels such as Showtime Family and the like.

This user is correct in that D* is missing quite a bit on the SD premium channel sides compared to cable companies and I know at least 15 people who would buy the Cinemax package if they offered all 12 SD channels because what D* does carry isn't able to show many of the movies that the other Cinemax channels can show and yes I've seen many movies that never got over to the ones D* carries and if they do make it over it takes a long time and only stays on for a very small amount of time.

With all that said I think D* badly needs a rehaul of their premium channel lineup because when they were first added they had more than almost all cable companies but now they have gotten way far behind on them.

Now from what I've heard adding the remaining SD premium channels is on the list to be done this year. From what I hear the new channels will be part of updated deals that would be done to get the new HD channels.

They have a lot missing, I think if I sub to all the movie channels, I get 80-90 with HBO/MAX Starz/Encore Sho/Flix/Sun/Tmc I would be shocked if any other provider offerd all the feeds, at the moment you need 4dtv to get all the movie channels, not one small dish or cable company has them all, I guess we will see if any ever do...

It's the same with Starz. I dropped Starz in February because they don't carry Starz Comedy or Starz Family. DirecTV doesn't carry HBO Comedy either and I'm a big fan of the funny stuff.

DirecTV makes the Starz Pak look good by including the Encore channels in it. Without the Encore channels they only have 4 or 5 Starz channels in the package. My Cable company and DISH have Encore channels in their upper basic packages and then the Starz channels are all the movie channels including the ones I mentioned above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.