Channels on 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

daybj

Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
I recently bought a DISH system for the sole purpose of subscribing to Sky Angel. For about two weeks prior to Sky Angel being activated, I was getting a few free channels on the 61.5 satellite such as The Pentagon Channel, Arts, and the Good Samaritan Network. I believe these channels were on either Transponders 8 or 10. Now that Sky Angel is activated, I can't get these channels anymore although I can still get channel 580, the International Preview channel. I have tried changing the transponder to 8 or 10 but each time it defaults back to either 25 or 32. Has DISH removed these channels from the 61.5 satellite or do I need to change some other setting on my receiver? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Welcome to Satelliteguys daybj!

Dish only activates the Public Interest Channels (9400-9420) on Dish Network subscriber's receivers. They used to have a few of these FTA (Free to air) a while back, but they stopped that some time ago.

As to the transponder screen on the reciever, it only reports the last transponder your receiver was on. The receiver will select the satellite and transponder based on the channel number you select. This is why the transponder always goes back to 25 or 32 since these are the two Sky Angel transponders. If you go to channel 580 before going to the transponder screen you will be on transponder 8.

See ya
Tony

Correct

As long as you have SOMETHING through Dish Network, you will get the PI's on 61.5

I have just locals and can get those :)

I have two PBS channels through Dish and Sky Angel service, but get no PI channels. I was told by a dish CSR that I would need to subscribe to their 60 channel package or better. To me, it is not worth it.

hank
CSR is wrong. If you have something through Dish (locals as an example), you get the PI's on the wings (61.5 or 148). You do not get the PI's that are on 119 or 110

Iceberg said:
hank
CSR is wrong. If you have something through Dish (locals as an example), you get the PI's on the wings (61.5 or 148). You do not get the PI's that are on 119 or 110

I'll have to call the Dish CSR with this bit of info, because I've been in the same boat as hank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts