Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ABC still on where I live but no ESPN which means I missed F1 qualifying last night, the race tomorrow + college football. I sure Xfinity would hurry up and install fiber they promised so I can go to streaming and not have to put up with these surprise random channel take downs from DISH.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Dish, it's been a good run of 20 plus years...since the first year you started service. However the time to end our relationship has come. I am tired of all of the inconveniences to me, the more than twice the amount of money I spend on you vs all my other streaming services, the constant freezes from the joeys I have and the DVR linkage forcing reboots when I fast forward. I will miss the ease of use, and the DVR storage of programs for years and years that I don't have to get rid of, or just have disappear.

To be clear Dish, it's you, not me, that is ending our relationship. I am just tired and I don't see you changing no matter how many times I ask you to. Today was the final straw. I am packing my bags and will be gone by Monday.

Reactions: dvrexpander
I’ve been telling y’all this for years. Switch to a better provider that gives you what you pay for. Dish is gonna be bankrupt because they refuse to pay for sports. They deserve it and I’m glad y’all are finally gonna see what happens..

Reactions: reddice
I don’t believe any were lost. No mention of any in the press release.

Here is the press release.

The Walt Disney Company Forces Channel Blackout for Millions of

DISH TV and SLING TV Customers

Disney initiates channel blackout, holds viewers hostage for negotiation leverage

Disney ignores DISH’s extension offers, walks away from table

Disney demands nearly a billion dollar increase

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., October 1, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company today forced a channel blackout on DISH TV and SLING TV, affecting favorites such as ESPN, FX, Disney Channel, Freeform and National Geographic, as well as ABC locals in seven markets. The media conglomerate declined DISH's offer for a contract extension, walked away from the negotiation table and refused to keep its programming accessible for millions of DISH and SLING customers across the United States. The removal of these channels will also have an oversized impact on rural consumers who rely on satellite television as a primary means of entertainment.

“Disney has exploited its market position to increase fees without regard for the public viewing experience,” said Brian Neylon, executive vice president and group president, DISH TV. “Clearly, Disney insists on prioritizing greed above American viewers, especially sports fans and families with children who watch their content.”

As one of the nation’s largest media conglomerates, Disney is more interested in becoming a monopolistic power than providing its programming to viewers under fair terms. Disney plans to spend billions on its direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Disney+ and ESPN+ — platforms not included for DISH and SLING customers.

“We will continue to negotiate to provide the best value for our customers. We want to provide customers with fair rates, reliable service and the freedom of choice to pay for the channels they watch most,” added Gary Schanman, executive vice president and group president, SLING TV. “Disney is an important long-term partner for us, and we hope they will be reasonable in their demands so we can reach a fair agreement and bring our customers' channels back as quickly as possible.”

I am in the Philadelphia market and ABC6 was pulled as well. Guessing all the ABC O&O stations are pulled (NYC, LA, etc.)

The main reason I’ve stayed with Dish for some many years is the DVR. I watch a LOT of tv and the Hopper has been awesome. Plus I’ve been with them for so long I have all the channel numbers memorized that I watch. And I can maneuver the remote without ever looking at it.

But I invested in a good quality 4K tv this year and I’m really liking the picture quality of the streaming services. My only concern with the streaming services is the DVR. I realize YTTV has unlimited DVR. But I’m not sure I like the fact that shows expire after 9 months. Most shows I record are watched within a week or two. But I like being able to keep any particular show I want on the DVR for as long as I want to. So I guess I have some deciding to do.

ABC still on where I live but no ESPN which means I missed F1 qualifying last night, the race tomorrow + college football. I sure Xfinity would hurry up and install fiber they promised so I can go to streaming and not have to put up with these surprise random channel take downs from DISH.
Same on the F1. I did find this but not affordable for me!

The main reason I’ve stayed with Dish for some many years is the DVR. I watch a LOT of tv and the Hopper has been awesome. Plus I’ve been with them for so long I have all the channel numbers memorized that I watch. And I can maneuver the remote without ever looking at it.

But I invested in a good quality 4K tv this year and I’m really liking the picture quality of the streaming services. My only concern with the streaming services is the DVR. I realize YTTV has unlimited DVR. But I’m not sure I like the fact that shows expire after 9 months. Most shows I record are watched within a week or two. But I like being able to keep any particular show I want on the DVR for as long as I want to. So I guess I have some deciding to do.
Setup a media center and record it yourself thru your own DVR. Most of those shows if not all are also available for a very long time thru the source site like cbs etc..and of course other sources if you look around. I have ways to watch every macgyver ep, a-team etc lol

Yep, then you can put up with these random take downs on your streaming provide. Like the Disney take down on YTTV last year. ;)

This is without question the most expensive programming package in the industry and responsible for where pricing on traditional TV services has landed. There are plenty of other places to view similar content, they can keep these crap channels.