Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

No way they have always done this and I love and support it 100% otherwise our rates would be crazy high!

People have been making this claim every time there's a take down for years. Hasn't happened yet...

ESPN and the Disney channels will be the death blow. Y’all are delusional.

Eh, DISH still has about 8 million subs, which ranks it as the 4th largest MVPD in the nation behind Comcast (17 m), Charter (15 m) and DirecTV (14 m across Sat, Stream and Uverse TV). So I'd say they're more than a blip.

Dish will lose enough subscribers to better TV providers that it won’t matter. Dish is done. Abandon ship people!! Or you’ll be staring at a blank screen since the service will be gone because of this.

I don’t believe any linear service should pay a penny more for these packages. All these providers have launched steaming and hurt their linear partners. I hope Disney chokes on it. I’m going to stick with Dish on this one.
I'm absolutely opposed to the pigs at ESPN and Disney, but I'm also opposed to Dish continuing to charge the same amount of money for less channels. (On the third hand, if I had my way, no utility or carrier would be allowed to operate at a profit anyway.)

If you had your way we would have nothing but 5 OTA channels because nobody is going to spend the money to gear up when they can't make a profit.
We have the internet. Let everybody make their content available a la carte on the internet, then we'll see what people really want to pay to watch.

We have the internet. Let everybody make their content available a la carte on the internet, then we'll see what people really want to pay to watch.
The majority of content is already on streaming services, sports was the last thing Traditional Providers had against streaming services, that line has crumbled, in 2-3 years all sporting event will be streaming.

At what cost, I have no idea.

I would never consider leaving but have embraced a more hybrid system especially now that I have the Plus. My internet is not reliable or fast enough for pure streaming. And in case of a emergency Dish will work when sh*t hits the fan!

I'm in the same boat. Without high speed internet access or cable I'm pretty much forced into a satellite service. My internet could handle streaming during the day as long as I wasn't doing anything else but in the evenings it would be touch and go with more than likely a lot buffering or watching 480p content. My contract with Dish still has 16 months left and by that time hopefully Xfinity will have gotten around to installing their promised fiber (not holding my breath) at which time I'll be dumping Dish.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts