Please reply by conversation.

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
Good Morning All,

We are looking at the CoRotor II Plus for XMAS and hope you all can provide feedback on how good this is. Also any recommendatios for LNB's for it? Is the Bullseye II and better/worse?

Thanks for your help!

I've never had a CoRotor II Plus but I did buy a Chaparral Dual feed that I'm working to setup using Ortho mode. The advantage as I understand is no moving parts and one LNB does Vertical and the other does Horizontal.

Here is a picture of mine with two Norsat LNB's - - - but I do not have this operational yet. Some others might weigh in or you might want to search for Ortho dual feeds.

Attachments

• FeedHorn-Dual.jpg
    FeedHorn-Dual.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,898
Thank you, Just looking ahead and do not want to spend money needlessly, want to spend wisely with recommedations with todays with what works and with what recommendations are now working. Thank you very much.

Don't know how you have it operating now, but the CoRotor II Plus is only operable (select polarity) by your MOTO DSR922, [just confirming that you know]

I have the skypack premo with wideband feed RPS Satellite I watch a few circular c-band sats so it was a must for me, if you want c/ku then this is a good feed, I don\t seem to have issues with my lnb's the 8115 and 4106a.

I have a Bullseye with Norsat 8115s and 4106As on it and I love it. No controller needed. If you have everything else you need for the Corotor than go for it. Probably half the price of a Bullseye. But I'll never give mine up :)
NovDish1 033.JPG

According to your sig you're now using a DMX-741? Which only requires ONE piece of coax to the LNBF so my question is what are you wanting to do that you can't do now?

FYI I pulled a Chaparral C/Ku dual feed off my 10ft Winegard and replaced it with the DMX-741S LNBF and I like it much better as there's no polarity crap to have to deal with when I scan with my AZBox or S9. I started out with this LNBF connected to a GI 920 and when I switched there was little to no difference in signal strength on sats I had recorded numbers on prior to the swap. That 920 is currently on the shelf and I only use an AZBox and S9 on both my systems with DMX-741S LNBFs.

Your mileage may vary!

Lone Gunman: I Think the main reason we are looking to shift is because of the heat most of the year here in the desert. The 741, doesn't do well. Our signal strength decreases as much as 10% from morning until evening.
Happy Thankgiving to everyone

ya and the lnbf's are useless for circular, especially here in Canada, I don't want to run out in -40 and pop in the slab to get my circular c-band then run out and take it out to watch Linear hahaha.

Check out ivystoneplace on the internet. They have cheap chinese c/ku band lnb's for $15.50 each. I ordered two for $40. That included shipping and it's cheap. I don't mess around much with fixing lnb's. I toss them in the trash.

gordonkearse said:
Check out ****** on the internet.

Why recommend a site that has been selling cheap junk for years? Why not send business to SatelliteGuys sponsors.

Example is the GEOSATpro C2 LNBF that provides excellent performance and is considerably higher quality construction and performance. Satellite AV sponsorship helps pay the bills at this site!

The op will have optimal performance with a feedhorn/LNB configuration, but if considering an LNBF.... there are options.

The 10% Signal Quality drop may not be related to using a LNBF. It may be heat build-up in the electronics or increased RF threshold levels.

Is the LNBF directly exposed to sunlight or is shaded or covered? A LNB or LNBF performance will be reduced as internal temperature is increased.

Last edited:
SATELLITEAV: The LNBF is covered. But temperature from May through September often reach 115 degrees and we are tired of cheat Chinese junk, good for some, but we have had enough of it

The corotor II works great, I have Norsat 8215 for C and 4208 for Ku and they work fine. The only problem with using the corotor is the skew motor; it isn't possible to control it with most HD FTA receivers. Pansat just came out with an HD receiver (model 9500) that does have skew control and would likely work well with a corotor but I havn't heard much about it yet. Would be an option though. The 4DTV IRD will control the polarotor motor but it's a bit of a pain when changing channels, most of us have been though that. You should get better signals with the S-2 8psk TPs with the lnb/Corotor combo than the combo LNBf but not much better... maybe 1-2dB, at least that is my observation. Many standard DVB TP signals are almost identical when comparing the Chaparral Coroter II and LNBs above and the DMX-741 I have tried.
On the heat issue... I havn't noticed much difference between hot summer days and cold -40 winter temps regarding signal strengths... I am sure there is a degradation at really hot temperatures, that's the nature of this type of electronics. They run more efficiently at cold temperatures. If you use a feed horn cover you might want to remove it especially during the summer.
-C.

Sonyajon, and Cham,

Just finished testing the Pansat 9500 with an older Chaparral corotor & inexpensive Eagle Aspen LNBs & must admit it does very well when the dish is tracking correctly. Simple band selection with an Ecoda 22kHz switch. 86% Q on Al Jazeera @ Galaxy 19 Ku, 88% Q on 360North @ AMC 7 C. AMC 21 Ku took some fine tuning to bring in 12180V30000(V49,A52 AC3,PCR49).

Tried this experiment on a damaged Orbitron SX-10 mounted to a temporary pole which is attached & turnbuckle guyed to a wooden skid weighed down with scrap steel, spare wheels & tires. I think the overgrown grass is holding it in place more than the weight of the stuff on it. LOL

The LNBs were: Eagle Aspen SLT+ 15*K C-band; Eagle Aspen 770 KU, 0.6 dB. Doubtless PLL LNBs would be better but this was more a test of the stb than the feedhorn.

Last edited:
i just bought a corotor plus i bought it because im going to use it on sky 58 west

i posted that dmx741 standard or universal was cheap to me because i skew move and move my 6 foot dish
until i had some quality only 20 percent

i was thinking this corotor plus i bought might be the answer to everything

because it didn't perform to my needs of a sat of this kind so i wil also experiment with other as well

but the thing is i just know how to connect one lnb at a time not like the dmx for two at a time

so i might need some kind of switching. the guy i bought it from also said it has the little blue box polarator

but who know how that works with this

it has these two lnbs and its worth a shot to work with if someone can tell what i can really do with it

or like you said i might as well go with the dmx 741 standard 22khz or universal disqu 1.2

so i have read that some lnbs don't funciton as well as the feedhorn type or so i have read

i am wiling to work the corotor

it has these two lnbs

ASPEN EAGLE 17- K C-BAND LNB AND ASPEN EAGLE .6 DB KU LNB

and it has the polorator blue box with wires sticking out
and looks cool

so kindly i wanted to ask what are my options here

i have a that ws international dish 6 foot polar mount and the 24" acutuator and the vbox-x oh and the fs1 meter

please help me$(KGrHqV,!qEE63Z2hSYYBO0YyPQ)mQ~~60_12.jpg

oh and what is the wideband corotor plus and corotoro plus itself

i drew how it would look

this is nice since i can mess with the polarity

but how do i connect the two lnbs to the one input

do i need a diseqc 2x1 Untitled.jpgor a multswitch 2x1

yes 22khz-0

here is the traxis says DiSEqC 1.0, DiSEqC 2.0, 0/22 KHz switching

openbox s12 is DiSEqC1.0/1.1/unicable/1.2/1.3 (USALS) Supportedi bet setup matters for both on the type of switch i use

Untitled222.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)