Chaparral Micropak LNB Quest for hardware.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AmyGrendel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
In my quest for hardware a friend gave me an old primefocus dish and a LNB.

The LNB is an Adjustible Chaparral Micropak. I hope the picture attached. Doesn't this require a scaler ring? From what little I have found it simply attaches to the dish and away you go. I was thinking, seeing that it appears to have a full wave dipole instead of a probe/feedhorn I shouldn't need a scaler ring.

The dish anit big so only the strongest cband satellites will work with it. It's 128CM wide and works pretty good for my FTA Ku needs at the moment.

Any thoughts? Amy.

Attachments

• micropak.jpg
    micropak.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 290
The mounting ring bolts directly to your three or four feed leg supports.
If you need to do additional adjustment in or out, it is best to replace each of the 1/4 inch bolts with 2 to 3 inch length x 1/4 inch machine bolts, and install three 1/4 inch nuts on each bolt.

Process for installing each of 3 or 4 longer bolts: (depending upon what you need)
Push the bolt through the front of the scalar ring.
Securely wrench a nut on the back side of the scalar ring. "Spin" another nut so that it is within 1/4 inch of the first nut. If you think that a flat washer will improve stability, slip one on, and install the entire assembly onto your quad or tri leg supports. Slide another washer on the back side of legs, and then one more nut.
Now you can finger-adjust for the focal point. If you find yourself with the distance too short between the front of the antenna and the feed itself, adjust your quad or tri legs as far out as possible, secure, and adjust this contraption for the proper focal distance.

Good luck!

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts