charge for no phone line?

satnewguy

Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
I have only had the dish for about a week and when the installer hooked us up he marked on the invoice that there was no phone line within 25 feet. My phone line is only 6 or so feet away. A message keeps popping up when I turn on the tv that I should hook up a phone line to avoid a charge. My question is will I be charged for not having a phone line hooked up?

I have only had the dish for about a week and when the installer hooked us up he marked on the invoice that there was no phone line within 25 feet. My phone line is only 6 or so feet away. A message keeps popping up when I turn on the tv that I should hook up a phone line to avoid a charge. My question is will I be charged for not having a phone line hooked up?

You sure will. After a month or so of it not being able to dial in, they'll start charging. The tech was just lazy if he didn't hook up a phone jack that was 6ft away. Hook it up, asap, and you won't see that message again.

I haven't had a phone line hooked up for 3 months now and have never been charged extra. I got rid of my land line and using cell phone only.

Um, DSL IS broadband.

Irrelevant though if he doesn't have it hooked up. I was never charged for months or even threatened with no phone line or broadband hooked up. Finally, I hooked up Ethernet and then unplugged it to move my room around . I started getting messages popping up. The point to what I am saying is that if you never hook it up, you are OK. But once you hook it up, keep it hooked up. You and I have had this discussion before.

OK is that 722 hookd up to your network. If so they waive the fee because they can communicate with the receiver that way.

Irrelevant though if he doesn't have it hooked up. I was never charged for months or even threatened with no phone line or broadband hooked up. Finally, I hooked up Ethernet and then unplugged it to move my room around . I started getting messages popping up. The point to what I am saying is that if you never hook it up, you are OK. But once you hook it up, keep it hooked up. You and I have had this discussion before.

Nope, I've been charged from Day 1 for this assinine feature. The fees really begin to add up! A pair of those $70 wireless phone adapters crapped out on me, so this "convenience" has been very inconvenient for me. Oh well, what can you do?

I don't have a wireless router with my dsl though so the only way is to hook up a phone line. It sounds like it is a crapshoot. Some end up having to pay and some don't is that what I am understanding. Should I call and see what they say?

I don't have a wireless router with my dsl though so the only way is to hook up a phone line. It sounds like it is a crapshoot. Some end up having to pay and some don't is that what I am understanding. Should I call and see what they say?

You can get a router for like $10. It doesn't have to be wireless. Just plug that baby in to your brand new Staples sale or ebay'd Linksys router and have peace of mind that you won't get the charge. No phone line fuss.

I work tech support at dish and those of you not getting the fee its just luck theres no way to manipulate the system to not get it dish waits for the calls on dual tuners if the rcvr does not "call home" then we verify it does not have phoneline connectivity and add the lovely phone line access fee then when it connects the rcvr automatically gives us a call and its removed---if your not getting the fee it means the Rcvr caid (R00#) in our master system is not setup with requirement of a phone line for example we just caught up with about 1,200 who were only receiving one phoneline fee when they should have two and that was due to a billing error

Irrelevant though if he doesn't have it hooked up. I was never charged for months or even threatened with no phone line or broadband hooked up. Finally, I hooked up Ethernet and then unplugged it to move my room around . I started getting messages popping up. The point to what I am saying is that if you never hook it up, you are OK. But once you hook it up, keep it hooked up. You and I have had this discussion before.[/QUOTE....Check you bill for "additional outlet fees" if there is more than one, you are being charged for the no phone connnection. If you are not, shhhhh...don't upset the Gods...

No ..why kick a sleeping dog.

to see if the rcvr is located in your house and if your account packing also with all dual tuners when the tech installs it he has to call and activate the account and when he does if you dont have a phoneline he adds a phoneline fee or it will give an error message that prevents activation so in some cases very rare the rcvr glitches and lets you right by without the error message this is the message
587.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)