charge for no phone line?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How many receivers need to be hooked into a phoneline? I have 4, one being a 622 that is not controlling 2 tv's.

I have only had the dish for about a week and when the installer hooked us up he marked on the invoice that there was no phone line within 25 feet. My phone line is only 6 or so feet away.

Is the 6 feet across a doorway? If it is he was NOT just lazy. But if it is just 6 feet with NO doorway then I agree. He is either lazy or overworked and in a hurry and did not look or ask about them. Either way you should have your extensions in the boxes hook them up and save the cash.

Does D* charge this same fee? My nearest phone jack is clear across the room, and I don't want to run a phone line across the floor. I have a 625 now, and plugged one in just for grins....it caused a faintly audible hum/buzz on my phone during phone calls. So I can either plug in an unsightly phone line and have distorted call quality, or pay E* $5 a month...2 great options.

Check you bill for "additional outlet fees" if there is more than one, you are being charged for the no phone connnection. If you are not, shhhhh...don't upset the Gods...

I'm not getting billed for it and never was. But what happened was I hooked up my Ethernet for a while and then when I changed my bedroom around didn't hook up the Ethernet to the 622 for a few days. I started getting warnings. Now I keep it plugged into Ethernet. But seriously, until I had hooked it up the first time, I was never billed nor even knew of the requirement. I fear now if I unhooked it they would bill me as the screen threatened.

True

I work tech support at dish and those of you not getting the fee its just luck theres no way to manipulate the system to not get it dish waits for the calls on dual tuners if the rcvr does not "call home" then we verify it does not have phoneline connectivity and add the lovely phone line access fee then when it connects the rcvr automatically gives us a call and its removed---if your not getting the fee it means the Rcvr caid (R00#) in our master system is not setup with requirement of a phone line for example we just caught up with about 1,200 who were only receiving one phoneline fee when they should have two and that was due to a billing error

That is exactly right. Of course, we can't actually *tell* customers that over the phone (I think it's a non-negotiable) . But yeah, a lot of times it takes a while for our system to tell if you are hooked up to a phone or not. That's why I always have customers click "send status" after running the connection test. Of course, you have to be calling us using your cell phone, otherwise, the test won't work. And believe me, if we can hear a "click" sound on the phone, we know you're using a house phone and the test is failing. :D

Well, we ran the phone line for the 722. Is there something else I have to do after plugging it in because I am still getting the same message?

I tried the connection test and it says it failed. I double checked the phone line connection and it is fine. I can use my dsl and phone just fine so what is the problem?

Actually, I do not have a filter on that phone line. It need one huh? I don't know that the other thing you asked about is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)