Chargers can Shottenheimer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Norv Turner is still available. Wasn't he part of the SD staff before Marty got there? In fact didn't the press think he was going to get the job Marty got?

Too bad Heath Shuler is out of football. they could get back together.

[[/I]

I told you so!

I can't believe they hired Norv Turner. He isn't that good of a head coach in my opinion.

I can't believe they hired Norv Turner. He isn't that good of a head coach in my opinion.
... Players. Turner didn't have enough of them, especially in Oakland, where not even the devil himself – OK, Al Davis – has been able to win lately. And Washington's roster didn't exactly resemble that of the '75 Steelers when he got there. He took over teams offensively or defensively deprived, and he worked for men (Davis and Dan Snyder) who do not rival Job in the Department of Patience. But he won a playoff game in D.C. Whoa! ...
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canepa/20070220-9999-1s20canepa.html

If Norv can't produce with this group, he can't do it anywhere. We'll see.

turner spent 7 years in DC. He was hired by Jack kent Cooke not Snyder. He had tweo seasons relatively early on where the team got off to an impressive start but then faded. He probavly would ahve been frored after five years except that the controversy over ownership went on until just before the seasdom. he then manged to have his best year (10-6 and a road playoff win) which got him one mor e year and he was fired a few eeks before that season started.

Personally I thought that making the playoffs would get hima second chance somewhere. But he was a surprise choice in Oakland and again here (though lots of rumors about Dallas a week or two ago). I wish him well but it is hard to foresee good things here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)