Charles dolan/I am a VOOM dealer

Jthompson

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Well first off I would like to thank all of you who support this incredible project. I am currently the Number 2 dealer in the country. And I must say I LOVE VOOM, I left a 75,000 dollar career to become a VOOM dealer not only because I thought I'd make millions but because once you saw VOOM YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH YOUR HDTV. IT was like I was seeing my TV at the showroom again. It completed My Home Theater. I was a customer of VOOM before becoming a VOOM dealer and I hope the best for VOOM because my family’s livelihood has been invested in it, but also for all of you who truly enjoy watching VOOM. I would like to say Mr. Dolan this product has a ton of potential, lets find a way to make it stick around and grow because we are continuing to sign up subscribers daily and once some of the restrictions to who can get VOOM becomes more lean ant then we will have our 2 and 3 million subscribers for start. Last but not least as dealers we have giving you our best and prey and hope that you can help us keep the dream alive in why we started or became VOOM dealers, which was to sell a product and service that no one could compete with and everyone got excited about when seeing it for them selves. We depend on this and our fans depend on the freedom of getting THE MOST HD THE BEST HD.

Thank you Mr. Dolan
www.voomhdtv4u.com

That is a nice aggressive marketing website. Congradulations.

only way to make voom grow its showing it off.

everyone who has come to my place and seen voom in action (even though content is repeated, but what station doesnt repeat) they have been wowed by voom. My friend bought a plasma but only saw its true potential when running voom.

if voom has died prematurely its because we as customers didnt do a good job promoting it to our friends. with low subscriber numbers that means that something has stopped people from jumping on board, a major contributer was the cloud of uncertainity that it was fold, nobody wants to take that kind of risk.

I disagree...

I'm the only one of my friends and family who has an HDTV...

Most people still aren't willing to plunk down more than $700 for a new TV. And the current TVs they do have still work fine.

Also, my wife still uses our DirecTV and ReplayTV (instead of Voom) because the TV guide is much better, and the ability to rewind.

So, the demise of voom is not because of the customers... Every one of my friends agree HDTV is much better than SD. They don't agree, however, that they should pay a $1500 premium for it...

/joe

I agree with bitwise. I've shown my HT to many people, their jaw drops, they go all ga-ga then ask how much it costs. Even though I purchased and installed my pj and home built screen for under $2K, a price and picture that beats the pants off any 55" RPTV with 4 times the picture area, it is still too much money for most people.

I still find myself PVR'ing many shows and watching them that way rather than sit through commercials or sit down to watch on the provider's schedule. If Voom can work out their PQ issues & release a PVR, they will be a top notch service provider.

bitwise said:
...because the TV guide is much better...

Thats the most annoying part about Voom. Great PQ, but the EPG leaves much to be desired. Coming from a higher-end RCA DTV system, it was a real shocker. I guess coming from Digital Cable, Voom would seem ok. :)

-John
Stickin' it out till it goes black!

1500 for a tv you have be crazy with today price on gas and living nobody will pay 1500 for a tv that same thing will show a regular tv and sav ethat hard earn money and take car of other things tv not is worth that much anytyme no matter wgat yuo have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)