Charles Dolan: Son staying put

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joep

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Woodland Hills, CA
http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzvoom4185972mar22,0,5501451.story?coll=ny-business-headlines

Charles Dolan: Son staying put

BY HARRY BERKOWITZ
STAFF WRITER

March 22, 2005

Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan, who has been feuding with his chief executive son, says James Dolan has "done a good job for shareholders."

In an interview with New York magazine, Dolan adds that "anyone around here who does that, his job is secure."

Analysts have speculated that James Dolan's job might be in jeopardy because he has opposed the continuation of the Voom satellite TV service that Charles Dolan founded and is trying to rescue.

"People became impatient with each other," Dolan said, adding, "I think that is how a company our size ought to work."

In the same article, James Dolan said of Voom, "I was never a big fan, from day one."

Charles Dolan's commitment to Voom also has raised speculation about a possible sale of the company or parts of it. "Could the whole company be sold? Could parts of it be sold? Of course," he said.

James Dolan, asked about a possible sale, said in the article, "It's completely up to him. It won't change what I do."
Subscribe to Newsday home delivery

Copyright © 2005, Newsday, Inc.

joep said:
James Dolan, asked about a possible sale, said in the article, "It's completely up to him. It won't change what I do."

That's what he thinks, wait think the new owner go down the list on who to fire. :p

JAMES BARRICADES FATHER'S DOOR WITH PLANKS........

The New York Times Today shed some more light on the Father/Son feud:

"Mr. Dolan's epic fight with his father over Voom erupted in mid-January, barely three weeks before he lobbed in a $600 million bid on the West Side, trumping the Jets' initial $100 million bid and ending the Jets' one-on-one talks with the M.T.A.

Mr. Dolan's action led his outraged father to use his control over Cablevision's voting stock to remove three board members aligned against him, replacing them with three industry veterans. The public rebuke ignited speculation that the elder Dolan would fire his rebellious son. The two have had a relationship in which they have disagreed over business issues, a former Cablevision executive said, and played pranks on each other. One such prank ended with James having workmen remove the door to his father's office and barricade it with wooden planks.

While the Voom issue has been James's only public challenge to his father, several former employees have seen him yell at the Dolan patriarch in front of other company officials. "Chuck just treats him like a child having a tantrum," said one employee who has seen the outbursts. In 1997, Mr. Dolan told a reporter that when he and his son disagree, "I let him run up and down until he cools off."

--NYTimes Thursday Morning 3/31/05, Business Section

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts