Charles Dolan to SatelliteGuys Members - THANK YOU!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We have received an email from VOOM / Cablevision Chairman Charles Dolan thanking SatelliteGuys members for their support.

Here is a copy of the email from Mr. Dolan
Satellite Guys, thanks a lot for all your help. We will do our best to
make the service more interesting for everybody. We love your comments. Please keep them coming.

Chuck Dolan
Thank you to everyone who posted comments of support to Mr. Dolan and to VOOM, you guys are the reason Mr. Dolan is pushing on with this vision of VOOM.

On behalf of all the SatelliteGuys staff I would like to thank each and every one of you for making SatelliteGuys.US your home for the Internet's best VOOM news, talk and information!

And I give my thanks to Charles and Tom Dolan for stepping up to the plate. Thank you for saving Voom!

My day just got a lto better after reading this news!

Awesome!!!!

I am so glad that Charles Dolan is leading this fight!!
What a passionate man!

Keep it up Mr. Dolan!! :D

Now, I can't wait for that DVR!!

Thanks Mr. Dolan

Thanks Mr. Doaln i can't tell you how excited i am, i just can't wait for the new channels to come and your DVR.I am proud to be a Voom customer and i have been telling my friends about Voom and they can't believe the picture quality. :D

Some considered our effort naive or even ridiculous. But we strongly believed that if there was one man who could save VOOM - that would be Charles Dolan!

Thanks everyone who participated in our campaign of Thank You letters. Almost 100 forum members posted their support letters to VOOM and Mr. Dolan. Your voices have been heard! Your efforts helped make a difference. Even if this wasn't the deciding factor, I am sure, for those who were making a decision about the future of VOOM it was very important to hear your words of support!

I will continue passing all of your messages to Mr. Dolan. So, please keep them coming!

Ilya.

And thanks to SCOTT for making this Forum available as an active focal point to rally support!

Can you imagine what this whole episode would have been like without having SatelliteGuys.us to learn, vent, and brainstorm about the minute-by-minute events??

Coming here has become a permanent part of my daily routine to stay current!

It goes without saying, all this would have been unimaginable just a few years ago.

Scott Greczkowski said:
On behalf of all the SatelliteGuys staff I would like to thank each and every one of you for making SatelliteGuys.US your home for the Internet's best VOOM news, talk and information!
:river :river :river Excuse me for a moment. :river :river :river
It's great to see that he responded personally, GO CHUCK!! :D

Sean and Ilya... At some future date, would it be possible to have Tom Dolan participate in a chat room discussion? Would like to hear from Chuck too but the intelligent offspring would do just fine as he will keep the legacy going. I know that this is not possible until everything is signed or after Feb 28th. Just wanted to plant the idea. I am sure we all would welcome the opportunity hear from one or both visionaries of the new VOOM.

gutter said:
Sean and Ilya... At some future date, would it be possible to have Tom Dolan participate in a chat room discussion? Would like to hear from Chuck too but the intelligent offspring would do just fine as he will keep the legacy going. I know that this is not possible until everything is signed or after Feb 28th. Just wanted to plant the idea. I am sure we all would welcome the opportunity hear from one or both visionaries of the new VOOM.
That would be wonderful!! I've seen lots of good ideas planted here in the last several hours. Let's hope we can all cultivate them and watch them grow! :)

Thanks Chuck for taking the time to let us know your listening. We're all pulling for you and for Voom, the future of television.
So, what are the chances of all Satelliteguys members with Voom getting first dibs on the new DVR?? ;)

Vicki said:
That would be wonderful!! I've seen lots of good ideas planted here in the last several hours. Let's hope we can all cultivate them and watch them grow! :)

Vicki...don't tell my wife...but "you made me love you...I didn't want to do it."

Really like your enthusiasm and being a woman on this forum. Go get them girl.

I have a feeling Chuck and Tom Dolan is Vicki's valentine this year.

SatelliteGuys staff - you guys derserve alot of credit here!!! I, as well as many others, would not have subscribed to VOOM if it wasn't for your site and quality staff. I must as well get a life as I am at this web site daily, but that is becasue of the (mostly) quality of information being posted and we hear new news here first. I remember when Sean & Ilya were just plain posters and now look at them, they are all growed up...

P.S. Gutter, have you been drinking again??? :D Don't scare poor Vicki away... :eek:

Bilodeaumj said:
P.S. Gutter, have you been drinking again??? :D Don't scare poor Vicki away... :eek:

hic...bring on the dancing Vicki's. hic... Ooops...did I say that? hic

I have been working a ton lately and going to school too.....I just heard about the news this morning in the New York Post. I cant tell you how happy I am about this news. Dolan is number one in my book....VOOM ON baby!!!

Think about it... here you have a 78yr old man,, who has more money than all of us...he could easily retire and say "to hell with it all"... and he didn't...I hope I have that much drive/ambition at 78yrs old..if I make it to 78!

I never once thought of jumping ship. I was in it until the "end"...

Kudos to Mr Dolan!

dtsfanohio said:
Think about it... here you have a 78yr old man,, who has more money than all of us...he could easily retire and say "to hell with it all"... and he didn't...I hope I have that much drive/ambition at 78yrs old..if I make it to 78!
What a great thing to say, and a great way to look at this!

gutter said:
Vicki...don't tell my wife...but "you made me love you...I didn't want to do it."

Really like your enthusiasm and being a woman on this forum. Go get them girl.

I have a feeling Chuck and Tom Dolan is Vicki's valentine this year.
Awwwww shucks, Gutter…now you’ve gone and all embarrassed me!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) (But you have a beautiful voice!) :yes :) Now Chuck and Tom are gonna know who sent that frilly red card!! :eek: :heart

Bilodeaumj said:
SatelliteGuys staff - you guys derserve alot of credit here!!! I, as well as many others, would not have subscribed to VOOM if it wasn't for your site and quality staff. I must as well get a life as I am at this web site daily, but that is becasue of the (mostly) quality of information being posted and we hear new news here first.
Gotta second that motion! :clap

Bilodeaumj said:
Not a chance!! I don't scare too easily! :dev :D :rainbow And we should cut Gutter a little break here on the drinking…he got to the party later than most of us yesterday! ;)

gutter said:
hic...bring on the dancing Vicki's. hic... Ooops...did I say that? hic
I really hate to disappoint you...since you said such sweet things and all…but my Tutu is at the dry cleaners right now! :no :D Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)