dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
SatelliteGuys.US Charlie Chat Recap
June 12th 2006 Charlie Chat
Hosts: Charles Ergen and Jim DeFranco
Opens with a shot from Team Summit then cuts to Charlie and Jim.
--------------------------------------------------
Tennis Channel Giveaway
Tennis weekend in NY for Two
.2 US Open tickets to two sessions
. Round trip airfare for 2
. 2 days/3 nights hotel accommodations for 2
. dishnetwork.com/giveaway or call 1-888-662-3474
----------------------------------------------------
Short clip on Tennis with Murphy Jensen of the Tennis Channel and he comes on set....
and then another clip from the Tennis channel, then more chat with Charlie and Jim
about tennis...
Tennis Channel is available ala carte
Channel: 400
Available in:
. Americas Top 180 and DishHD Gold (not HD)
---------------------------------------------------
Clip from Team Summit:
A quick look at the Bush impersonator at Team Summit-
June 14th SD Locals, Corpus Christi, Lafayette La/Baton Rouge La. ,added NBC and CBS to San Juan Puerto Rico...
4 HD locals later this summer ST. Louis, MO., Detroit MI Indianapolis Ind and Raleigh, NC.
Eric Sahl Sr. VP Programming.
New Channels:
Starz Comedy 354
Available in:
. Americas "Everything"Pak
. Dish Latino"Everything Pak"
. DishHD Platinum
. The Starz Movie Pack

Sleuth Channel 198
Available in:
. America's Top 180 and Higher
. DishHD Gold and Higher

Telemundo Puerto Rico
Launches: June 15, 2006
Channel: 837
Available in: Dish LATINO & Higher

Baby FirstTV
Available
. A La Carte for just $9.99 /mo
FREE PREVIEW:
. June 16- July 15, 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------
Programming Note: OLN has been back on Channel 151
Tour De France
July 2-24, 2006

Dish PPV look at coming attractions (clip)
Channels 500-539
This month Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang will be released June 13th ( same date as dvd launch)
---------------------------------------------------------------

HD Launches
Starz HDTV
Channel: 9435
Available in:
DishHD Platinum or With a Starz Movie Pack Subscription and an MPEG-4/ViP Series Receiver

NFL NetworkHD
Channel: 9426
Available in:
. DishHD Bronze and Higher
Starting Thanksgiving: Live NFL Games Thursday & Saturday nights at 8:00PM
NFL Replay will select the best games of the week and edit to 90 minutes and show every week at 5:30PM and 8:30PM EST Tuesday & Wednesday.
NFL Game of the Week Friday Nights at 8:00 EST

HGTV HD
Channel: 9461
Available in:
.DishHD Bronze and Higher

NGTV HD
Channel:9429
Available in:
.DishHD Gold and Higher
Free Preview:
. DishHD Bronze and Silver Now through July 7, 2006

Our New HD package has 26 National HD Channels...
All the new channels added this year are MPEG4
---------------------------------------------------
New Customers offer
HD Bonus
$10 Off
for 10 Months when you subscribe to a qualifying DishHD package for the first time.

Upgrade to the ViP 622 MPEG-4 Dvr
Don't Have HD Today
Lease Upgrade: $199.99
HD Bonus Credit: -$100.00
$99.99 Upgrade
. 29 Channels of HD, Most HD content anywhere

Upgrade to the ViP 622 Mpeg-4 Dvr
Have HD Today
Single-Tuner (811) > Lease Upgrade $199.99 , HD Bonus* Credit -$100.00 = $99.99 Upgrade

Dual- Tuner Dvr (942/921) > Lease Upgrade $199.99, Hd Bonus* Credit -$100.00, Equipment -$100.00 Return Credit= Free Upgrade

Offer Good Until the next Charlie Chat!

Upgrade to the Vip 211 Receiver
Don't have HD today > Lease Upgrade up to $98.00, HD Bonus* Credit -$100.00
Free Upgrade
Have HD Single-Tuner(811) > Lease Upgrade up to $49.00, HD Bonus* Credit - $100.00
Free Upgrade ( $51 Credit)

*(Offer 10$ off for 10 months with first-time upgrade to a New Dish HD Package. Does not include Hd Locals, where available)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions:
Mike: will the USB port be enabled for the pocket dish for faster transfers for the 522 , or will it only work for the 942?
Answer: Faster than real time 522 Has USB 1.0... you want to upgrade to the 622 to take advantage of the faster speed.

John: when will you have faster internet?
Answer: We have signed an agreement with WildBlue just this week, will be available in the next couple of months.(next tech chat)

Caller- Charles: My question is I have the Abilene locals on 148 wondering when they will move to 110?
Answer: If we were moving them we would have done it.

David: Can you please add the new CW network?
Answer: Changes in SD will happen automatically, we are looking at the CW HD feed, hopefully we will have good news for you in the fall.

Lance: This is for HD programming obviously with the push for HD we want more and more...what can you tell me about regional HD sports?
Answer: The problem is they are all a little different, what we are trying to do is launch 24 Hour HD networks... we are looking at possibly (example) show a Baseball game for 3 Hours in HD then go back to Sd... Hard to put up a 3 hr channel every 3 days...

Valerie: We Notice D* has a channel called TV One, does E* have any plans to add this?
Answer: We are in negotiations, could not get a fair deal( comparable to Comcast and D*)no eminent launch.

Kevin: My receiver is about 6 years old will it work when every broadcaster has moved to HD? will I have to buy a new TV?
Answer: We believe we will have Down conversion rights so all HD will work on your current TV set... The Government is working on a subsidized STB that will also downconvert, you should be in good shape as this digital conversion takes place.

Charles: Are you going to carry anymore Japanese Programing?
Answer: We are always talking to , but no specific news now.

Robert: The model 625 has a USB jack on the back , can I transfer programs to my PC?
Answer: No the 625 USB port is not usefull to transfer to a PC, we do not allow you to go from one digital device to another that the content could be transfered to the internet. Get a pocket dish...

Caller- Arlene:I was wondering if you were going to get Caribbean programing?
Answer: We have some programming on dish Latino Dominico TV.

Thank you for Calling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guest Dog the Bounty Hunter (Duane Chapman) : Clip
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Tech Forum : Monday, August 14th
Next Charlie Chat: Monday September 11th

Attachments

• 1Puerto Rico.JPG
    1Puerto Rico.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 469
  • Dish SD locals.JPG
    Dish SD locals.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 455
  • Dish HD Locals today.JPG
    Dish HD Locals today.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 476
  • NFL.JPG
    NFL.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 345
  • HGTV.JPG
    HGTV.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 311
  • NGHD.JPG
    NGHD.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Starz HD.JPG
    Starz HD.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Upgrade 622 Have.JPG
    Upgrade 622 Have.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 380
  • Upgrade to 211.JPG
    Upgrade to 211.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 26 Nationals.JPG
    26 Nationals.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 457
  • Upgrade 622 dont have.JPG
    Upgrade 622 dont have.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 385
  • satelliteguys.us Charlie Chat Recap6.doc
    403 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
What a waste of time

What no mention of when all the problems with the 622 will be fixed.Just how can we get rid of more of them .

As one who is interested in moving to the 622 HD solution, can you outline the problmes you reference? For 99 bucks it seems like a pretty good deal, especially with a low end receiver.

$9.99 for the baby first channel? Are they insane? It's included free with Directv for the past month or so.

Since I have no kids I haven't watched it for more then a few seconds while channel surfing. I doubt many parents will pay $10 extra for that channel. There is no premium content.

Jim

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thats for new Dish Network Customers. Not existing Dish Network Customers.

If one were to open another account for a "winter" home, in a much different part of the country, would you be considered a new customer?

narnia777 said:
$9.99 for the baby first channel? Are they insane? It's included free with Directv for the past month or so.

Since I have no kids I haven't watched it for more then a few seconds while channel surfing. I doubt many parents will pay $10 extra for that channel. There is no premium content.

Jim

This channel is currently in free preview on DirecTV as well. It will also be $9.99/mo there when the preview is over. And yes, some parents will pay $9.99/mo for it. I am sitting next to one now as I write this (I am at work - I wouldn't pay for it!).

I watched the chat and was happy with some of the add on channels, i upgraded to the HD Platnuim package a couple of months ago with a 211 as me and the wife dont have a need for a 622 but the other 811 i have upstairs will get changed out this week at the new price hard to past that up

There was an article on the local news about that channel and people were calling the cable system asking when they would add it. A cable spokesperson mentioned they hadn't seen that much demand for a channel for some time. I rather see more HD then a baby channel, but it looks like it's going to be a cash cow for D*, E* and whoever else carries the signal.

dlsnyder said:
This channel is currently in free preview on DirecTV as well. It will also be $9.99/mo there when the preview is over. And yes, some parents will pay $9.99/mo for it. I am sitting next to one now as I write this (I am at work - I wouldn't pay for it!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)