Charlie Ergen: Dish’s Blockbuster Didn’t Have “Guts” To Challenge Netflix

I am confused. If you feel that way, why are you a subscriber? Why not go to D* and leave us peons alone with the worst company in the entire nation? Your statement makes no sense. If I deal with a company that bad, it is only once. I never deal with them again. I would even pay the "penalty" to leave E* before my contract is up. While I admit they have some problems, they are no way close to the "worst company in the entire nation!"
Maybe you need to read his statement again. He never said "E" was the worst company in the nation. He said "E" was the worst company in the nation to WORK FOR. I subscribe because I like the product and really could care less how good they are to work for.

EVERY company has their pockets on malcontents. Dish's are just louder than some.

I am confused. If you feel that way, why are you a subscriber? Why not go to D* and leave us peons alone with the worst company in the entire nation? Your statement makes no sense. If I deal with a company that bad, it is only once. I never deal with them again. I would even pay the "penalty" to leave E* before my contract is up. While I admit they have some problems, they are no way close to the "worst company in the entire nation!"

I am not a subscriber. I don't own a TV, much less pay for programming. The only reason I would buy a TV is to tear it apart for the Fresnel lens.

Dish Network is, by several standards, objectively, the worst company in the entire country to work for. I also know this from personal experience. You may not care about that now, but it will affect you some day as a Dish subscriber, even if indirectly. A working environment like that will absolutely affect the caliber, attitude, and thus quality of service provided by the employees.

I mentioned that a couple weeks ago,I was informed that it's just the BB ppv app,not the Dish bb on demand.I'm gonna add it anyway just to see.WDTV had BB at one point,I actually watched a couple of movies on it,this was before Dish bought it.WDTV dropped BB not long after that.

I checked it out briefly last night. It is indeed a PPV app, a la Vudu. It has a very nice GUI, possibly the best I've seen in a Roku app. But, most importantly, the prices are reasonable - much more reasonable than their Dish PPV prices - on par with Amazon. If they would lower their satellite PPV pricing to match their Roku app, they would sell a shipload more PPV.

I checked it out briefly last night. It is indeed a PPV app, a la Vudu. It has a very nice GUI, possibly the best I've seen in a Roku app. But, most importantly, the prices are reasonable - much more reasonable than their Dish PPV prices - on par with Amazon. If they would lower their satellite PPV pricing to match their Roku app, they would sell a shipload more PPV.

Yep,I installed it last night.It's the same bb channel that used to be on the wdtv.I tried to login using our dish credentials,it didn't work.I had to use my way back when login,had bb disc by mail years ago.

Exactly what happened to my store less than 1mi away. :(

Have a friend who is manager at a closing BB. He told me that over 45% of there existing costumers they make no money on. People just dropping off a movie and picking up another. Poor business model.

Have a friend who is manager at a closing BB. He told me that over 45% of there existing costumers they make no money on. People just dropping off a movie and picking up another. Poor business model.
They need to close al the stores, and use the money saved to beef up their streaming and by-mail services.

Also, now that Coinstar has purchased the BB kiosks from NCR, and are converting them to Redbox, perhaps Dish can buy back the rights to use the BB name at kiosks. Although, there may be no room in that space for another player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)