Charlie Weis signs new 10 year contract w/ ND

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
http://und.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102905aab.html

Last year they gave him a six year contract but obviously renegotiated to a 10 year contract ( until his son graduates from ND ). Word is that his original contract was around $2 million / year. I would guess that he is now paid more.

I know it's early in his career but he seems to be doing all the right things. At this point it looks like we ended up with the right guy for the job.

I remember it well. I went to the ND vs FSU game and although we were pumped after the game we knew there was some problems by the way FSU started coming back at the end. The next week BC schooled us.

The way they are playing is different now. Our Defense still needs work but I would put our offense up against anyone and not be worried this year. In Ty's first year the Defense score a large portion of the touchdowns.

I hate when coaches, with years left, get extensions. It's the most pointless thing, they can be and are fired at the drop of a hat. He may suck for the next 2 years and be canned with 8 years to go and now ND is stuck with the contract. How they manange to screw players in professional sports, but can't figure out how to not get burned by coaches, is amazing to me...How many coaches get fired with years left before someone realizes it's a bad practice...

well apparently he was paid about $2 million per year, now he is paid around $4 million per year.

I think the point of the new contract was to keep anyone from the NFL from offering him a position knowing ND would probably counter the offer and more importantly so that recruits feel that they know who will be coaching them.

Who knows if ND will win a NC (MNC) under Weis but at least we have someone who works their butt off and genuinely cares and "gets" Notre Dame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)