Charlie's got some cash burning a hole in his pocket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! He keep getting more and loving it and squeezing us for more in fees and price hikes as they all do but congrats to him :)

Nothing like Apple has been doing for years......Got to wonder what the stock holders think?...Without investment of that money it lessens there dividends...

Nothing like Apple has been doing for years......Got to wonder what the stock holders think?...Without investment of that money it lessens there dividends...

I just wonder if Apple's going to squander all that now that their driving force and visionary has passed on. Samsung is eating their lunch in the cell phone game and the iPad is no longer the belle of the ball in tablets.

There does seem a consensus that he is up to something, so the money won't be just hanging around in a vault somewhere for the foreseeable future. If he wants a terrestrial setup, that'll cost globs of money.
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! He keep getting more and loving it and squeezing us for more in fees and price hikes as they all do but congrats to him :)
Squeeze? I don't consider paying $60 a month "squeezing" for a good slate of channels and an HD DVR.

I just wonder if Apple's going to squander all that now that their driving force and visionary has passed on. Samsung is eating their lunch in the cell phone game and the iPad is no longer the belle of the ball in tablets.
There still doing pretty well. They still lead market share in tablets, and nobody's lunch is being eaten. (I'm an Android and Samsung user, btw, before you start screaming fanboy.)

Dish is probably in very active negotiations with T-Mobile, Sprint, and Clearwire trying to work out a deal. Dish has to get a lot of tower access fast.

Sprint & Clearwire have the Japanese backing they need and they should be good for the long run. T-Mobile not so much. T-Mobile is buying MetroPCS and that should help with coverage, plus DT has them on a separate tracking stock so they could be bought by someone with deep pockets...

Charlie hasn't raised all that capital for nothing.

Just my 2 cents

Bloomberg is wound up looking for the details and possible buyout/wireless partner.

But, Dish also is poised to break into brazil tv (huge market) and the Mexicans are just about ready to deregulate pay tv with Slim (wanted to partner with Dish and was previously prohibited) hot to go pay tv big time and fast.

All of them take lots of cash up front.

So Charlie the fox has lots of balls in the air.

zil tv (sat)

Sent from my S3 using SatelliteGuys

Charlies a baller .. always has been and always will be

4765682_700b.jpg

Instead of T-Mobile maybe it would be Dish-Mobile. Receive satellite/cellular, transmit cellular. They can do triple-play sat, broadband, phone. The extra money injected into the company could be used to do more build-outs. The internet of things need cell service in many cases. Cars will all be cell connected in the near future.

They might be able to offer one broadband package giving you satellite broadband at your house and through your cellular devices when you get their service away from home under the same data plan. Phone service could also work through satellites when you cannot get the T-Mobile cell signals. Sling could be done through the cell towers to your devices as well.

I can see them trying to gobble up smaller providers in the process to become the size of Sprint or larger.

I think that T-mobile and DISH would make a great partnership. I have both and my T-mobile phone is always searching for a signal when I am at work, just like my sat receiver when it rains.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)