Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
http://www.tvpredictions.com/newabchd042007.htm

The high-def debut will be Sunday.

By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (April 20, 2007) -- WSOC-TV, the ABC affiliate in Charlotte, North Carolina, will begin broadcasting the local news in High-Definition on Sunday.

The station says at its web site that it will be the first in Charlotte to do so."

We went high-def because our viewers deserve the most clear, most visually stunning, most accurate views of local news and weather available," the station stated.

Kett Cosmetics, which specializes in providing high-def makeup for TV broadcasts, has provided consultation for the station's HD switch.

WSOC's high-def news debut will help celebrate the station's 50th anniversary, which will be April 28.

There are now approximately 40 local stations broadcasting the news in HD.

Seems like ABC is leading the way in this. My local ABC in Flint, MI has been doing HD newscast for about a year now. The Detroit ABC local just began a couple of months ago. I also noticed the NBC local in Detroit is "gearing up" as they have just began broadcasting their news in upconverted "stretch-o-vision".

Our local NBC affiliate in Tucson (KVOA) is doing their first HD news broadcast this Sunday at 10pm. As far as I know, they're the only ones in town that have annonced HD news plans.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/newabchd042007.htm

The high-def debut will be Sunday.

By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (April 20, 2007) -- WSOC-TV, the ABC affiliate in Charlotte, North Carolina, will begin broadcasting the local news in High-Definition on Sunday.

The station says at its web site that it will be the first in Charlotte to do so."

We went high-def because our viewers deserve the most clear, most visually stunning, most accurate views of local news and weather available," the station stated.

Kett Cosmetics, which specializes in providing high-def makeup for TV broadcasts, has provided consultation for the station's HD switch.

WSOC's high-def news debut will help celebrate the station's 50th anniversary, which will be April 28.

There are now approximately 40 local stations broadcasting the news in HD.
I read that article in our local paper today...The advent of newscasts in HD is going to cost a lot of news people with facial issues their jobs..Either than or it's a ton of makeup..

When our NBC affiliate went HD with their news, they looked like corpses. It got better with time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)