Charlotte, NC HD locals

Havent heard anything on them yet I will be glad to when they add Oklahoma City's local in HD.

I would venture to say sometime late 3rd quarter. The following list is courtesy of BFG.

HD Local Market Information

Available, listed in order of addition (located at 110w except where noted):
New York, NY - 61.5
Los Angeles, CA - 129
Chicago, IL - 129
Philadelphia, PA - 61.5
Boston, MA/Manchester, NH - 61.5
Washington, DC - 61.5
Atlanta, GA - 129
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN - 129
Denver, CO - 129
Nashville, TN - 129
Salt Lake City, UT - 129
Albuquerque-Santa Fe, NM - 129
Kansas City, MO - 129
San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA (119w)
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Houston, TX
Seattle/Tacoma, WA
Phoenix, AZ
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA (WB Affil @ 129w)
Portland, OR
San Diego, CA
San Antonio, TX
Spokane, WA

Uplinked to 119k on 5/31/06
Detroit, MI
St. Louis, MO
Indianapolis, IN
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC

Others Still Planned
(list is by size, date of addition may not be so)

Cleveland/Akron/Canton, OH
Orlando-Daytona Beach, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Baltimore, MD
Charlotte, NC
Milwaukee, WI
Cincinnati, OH
Greenville/Spartanburg, SC/Asheville, NC
Norfolk/Portsmouth, VA
New Orleans, LA
Memphis, TN
Oklahoma City, OK
Buffalo, NY
Providence, RI/New Bedford, MA
Louisville, KY
Jacksonville, FL/Brunswick, GA
Austin, TX
Tulsa, OK
Springfield, MO
Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY

I think what they should do is once they are providing HD locals, they should cut the SD locals.

Make all receivers have the ability to receive them. They will be in widescreen format, but this would still provide locals to all SD markets and free up bandwidth on the satellites.

Neutron said:
I think what they should do is once they are providing HD locals, they should cut the SD locals.

Make all receivers have the ability to receive them. They will be in widescreen format, but this would still provide locals to all SD markets and free up bandwidth on the satellites.
I'm sure there is a technical reason why that is not feasable. I do forsee when Dish would only provide HD receivers and enable/disable the hd depending on your subscription level. You could tune to the HD channel on the HD disabled receiver and get the channel in SD. Might help cut down on channel duplication.

Tampa clearly cannot go on 129W which is apparently why they decided to forgo it in their plans.

As Directv went with with Tampa in their first dozen instead of Miami, clearly E* decided to try Miami-Ft. Lauderdale instead as they were able to get in there first - especially as they have no place to put Tampa on 110 or 119. If they did not have such a long list of other cities comitted to, one might think they would try it with 118.7W.

However, as you can see above a list of 20 cities - and thus far they have been unable to get anymore than 4 HD-LIL on a transponder - you look at the charts
and do the math.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)