Charter bans outdoor antenna ads

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Charter-Bans-Ad-for-TV-Antennas-123680

Antennas manufacturer Antennas Direct is angry at Charter Communications because it claims Charter has banned the company from advertising to Charter's customers. According to the company, Charter refused to run a sixty second ad in the St. Louis market that pictures a cable company executive and a narrator that informs him he's going to "lose a ton of money when people realize they don't have to pay you just to watch TV."

Sounds like they are taking lessons from CBS

One the one hand, I understand them not wanting to run an ad like that. However, it's very telling that they would be afraid of such an ad. Wouldn't it be better to run an ad of their own right after showing why Charter is so good. Oh, wait, that's the problem..... :)

and I'll post the same response as I did in the Charter thread (where the exact same link is posted too)

gotta love this line from an article about it (shows how much the writer knows)

Today's antennas are more complex. Selling for $50 to $100, they connect to HD outputs

really? My antenna I bought a few years ago was just as "complex" as the 15 year old on I replaced
What are the "HD outputs" on my TV?

People are fooled into thinking just because it is a HD broadcast you have to have a new HD antenna. NOPE. Any antenna will work. The antenna does not care how a signal is modulated. It picks up the signal and passes it to a demodulator that does the processing. That demodulator today is for ATSC signals. Before it was NTSC signals. Only the demodulator cares what the signal is and that part is built into the TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)