Charter competition

snaggerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 16, 2004
Taylorville,Illinois
We are finally getting a second cable company to compete with Charter. It will be Thru our local Phone Co.(Il. Consolidated). It will be 100% digital as opposed to Charter whose digital selection was limited. Maybe this will open their eyes and they will upgrade their service. I'm switching. There are several channels that look like pure crap on Charter.

snagger, I can tell you that you are making the RIGHT choice with changing from Charcrap to Consolidated. I have heard nothing but good things on their DVS service.

First of all, it's like FIOS from Verizon, you need to be in a consolidated local service area, which is only in central illinois. here is a list of cities from consolidated's website where you can get video:

Effingham, Mattoon,Charleston, Humboldt, Arcola, Shelbyville, Pana, Hillsboro, Nokomis, Stewardson,Strawsburg,Teutoplis, Oakland,Atwood , Windsor,Taylorville, and Gays (I am not kidding,That is the actual name of a town) all of which is in Illinois.

My son has had it in Nokomis for about a month and he loves it. The picture was tons better than any I have seen with charter. I live in Taylorville and hopefully next month the will start their service here. I will get locals from St. Louis, Terre Haute, Springfield-Decatur all with digital quality. I'm a St Louis Cardinal- Ram fan so that will be cool. Who will be carrying the Cards this year? Right now I am getting ABC, NBC, FOX,PBSand UPN in HD over the air through my old Voom box.

The Cardinals will be carried by 550 AM, if you are referring to radio... Otherwise the TV is still pretty much the same as last year with the majority of them on FSMW (fox sports midwest)..

You'll get all the locals from St. Louis but WB11. I still have yet to figure out why on that, because they have UPN from st. louis, and from Springfield.

Basically the only difference in this is that you won't get to see Blues games on ch. 11 and the post game show for the Cardinals games that are on WB11 in St. louis. But you still get the cards games from FSN, Fox, ESPN, and the games that are shown on WB23 as part of the cardinals local tv network.

Hey snagger, now you'll get to see the news from all over the place!!! But on a better note if your a football fan, you'll get to see the Colts, Bears, Rams, and the Chiefs at the same time!!! And you don't even have to get Sunday Ticket!!!

Hey snagger, how's the picure quality of the locals, espically Terre haute? Cause I know that Nokomis is like 140 Miles from Terre Haute, and what they may be doing is sending it via satellite to local offices from Consolidated's offices in the Mattoon area? But who knows.

Last edited:
not a big suprise that they allowed it, there has been 0 opposition that I know of for it.

P.S. I know how charter is for you, heck you guys have it bad w/ charter in Taylorville.... oh wait, when my parents had charter, they closed down the office in flora, and moved everyone to taylorville, must be something in your market area, since everyone's charter is horrible.... or maybe it's just that charter is the worst cable company in the world!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts