Charter Spectrum Speed Increases

Discussion in 'Cable and Fiber Providers' started by EarDemon, Dec 12, 2017.

1. old corps

old corps SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

Yep, I've got 117/11.8 right now.:clapping Can't stop running speed tests.....:rollingeyes

dennispap likes this.
  2. dennispap

dennispap SatelliteGuys Pro
    Lifetime Supporter

Same here. I didn't need a new modem, however the first agent messed up my upgrade and i went from 50mbps to around 20. Got a 2nd agent who said everything was good on their end and showing i should have 100megs. Kept going thru the motions of unplugging, rebooting etc and finally they said it had to be my network interface card. :coco I said "well how come i had 50-55 megs before my upgrade and now i barely get 20"? She said it was my computer. :eeek Called and got a 3rd agent who looked at my file and said "yeah i see where the other 2 messed up. Let me clear their mess and reset everything". After 5 minutes with him i now have 100-118 megs . If at first you don't succeed......:biggrin

3. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

What speed test site do you use? It turns out I didn't need a modem upgrade after all. I just re-contacted them during a chat, and they did something on their end. The Spectrum speed test site shows me now at: 105.4 down, and 11.2 up. Which agrees with my Netgear Nighthawk Qos test.

4. dennispap

dennispap SatelliteGuys Pro
    Lifetime Supporter

I used spectrum and also ookla and infinity

primestar31 likes this.
  5. radio

radio "On the Air" in MI
    Pub Member / Supporter

After an issue last week in losing almost ALL upload speed on two different services, I waited all day for it to correct, then called Charter. The "FUNNY" thing is....that the tech on the phone told me, "you're on a non supported tier."...to which I replied, "Yes, but sales will only sell me 60 down/3 up, (we were on 30/3) and charge my business $210 for it!" He countered with, "No, you can now GET 100 down/10 up and it only costs $40 more per month than what you have!"...This came after about 4 calls to their sales people trying hard to explain our need is UPload here to make sure streams stay running, not DOWNload which is fine already. Since that call, and their re-provisioning of the same modem, we've had steady good speeds. Too bad in Corporate America that somebody can't coordinate Sales and Tech to be on the same page more often. Wastes the clients' time and makes them want to leave the service! NIce to have the 100/10 now. I cannot imagine ANY family needing more than that for any reason...our business did pretty well on 30/6 (usually more like 30/3) for a long time.

dennispap likes this.
  6. Jhon69

Jhon69 SatelliteGuys Pro

Well I could not take it anymore called up Charter Spectrum cable told them upgrade me!

Now my download is:114.6 MB
    Upload is:11.4 MB
    This was taken as my grandkids are watching an HDX movie on Vudu.:D
    I googled and downloaded the internet rate schedule for Spectrum Internet for 2018.
    Prices are 100/10MB-$69.99
    300/20MB-$89.99
    400/20MB-$89.99

If you take Charter Spectrum cable TV they give you $10. off the internet price.

dennispap likes this.
  7. Jhon69

Jhon69 SatelliteGuys Pro

Charter Spectrum CSR told me(at my cable company store downtown) the 400/20MB is for business accounts,residential is the 300/20MB plan.

After I told Charter Spectrum (over the phone) to upgrade my speed in the morning,that same morning I got an email telling me my next bill would be $220. for the next month( no discounts),that's the cost of their Gold package with 2 DVRs with my internet.

Man you never saw an old disabled man move as fast as I did after that,I pulled out their DVRs,power supplies and remotes and I turned them back in at 4:00PM at the cable store that day,then I subscribed to YoutubeTV and Philo internet TV services,I estimate that I will save around $70. a month compared to keeping my cable TV programming and DVRs.:D

Separate names with a comma.

More...