Charter St Louis adds HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
On Saturday, Charter added TNT HD and MHD to its line up which includes:

PBS
NBC
CBS
FOX
WB
(NO abc)
Cinemax
Showtime
HBO
Discovery
ESPN
HDNET
HDMovies
Fox Sports Midwest( about 15 Cardinal games. Have not seen anything else in HD)

Not VOOM but not bad. BTW my first thread!!

they had some blues games in Hi-def last season, but who would even want to watch that crap!

Speaking of the STL, how did ya do in the storm/blackout last week?

jhamps10 said:
they had some blues games in Hi-def last season, but who would even want to watch that crap!

Speaking of the STL, how did ya do in the storm/blackout last week?
it was a big one!!! almost 20% of homes and business were without power on wensday when it hit. about 400, 000 total. then on thursday they called for temps to be in the 100's with humidty at 85% plus. only got to 94 but still bad. by friday the power company had restored about 200, 000 homes BUT another storm came that afternoon and knocked most of that back out.it was pertty bad, no deaths i belive due to the storms, but sadly there have been a few to heat. weather cooled off over the weekend a bit to help. hotels they say were sold out in a 100 mile radius around st louis, ice was VERRY hard to get and gas is in low supply. the largest refinerey in st louis was shut down due to loss of power. as of today, monday 7 - 24 about 204,000 homes remain without power, some for over 5 days. if anyone wants to read more our papers web site is: stltoday.com

and thanks for asking

Last edited:
yeah I knew all that, cause I'm 100 miles east of downtown, the storm friday missed me by about 20 miles. I moved out of St. louis the 1st of the month, glad my apartment lease went to july 1st instead of august 1st. the storm is hurting ice supplies here too, everyone from mt.vernon is coming up here to get their gas and ice for food.

the refinery, I thought they got that back up friday morning, but oh well, i guess it's 3.50 per gallon in southern illinois now if they don't get that back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)