Charter....TV and Internet.....same coax outlet

boomerang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2003
Michigan
My mother has moved into a condo with a fully finished basement, including drywalled ceilings. Until she's settled and I can attempt to run some new coax outlets, I'm wondering about splitting the signal at an existing outlet. The previous owners had the place wired up per their desires and they have coax outlets in the strangest spots.

Can I split the signal?
Do I need a special splitter, or one with specific specs?

I forgot to ask the Charter guy when he was out. Actually, I hadn't even thought that far ahead yet.

boomerang said:
My mother has moved into a condo with a fully finished basement, including drywalled ceilings. Until she's settled and I can attempt to run some new coax outlets, I'm wondering about splitting the signal at an existing outlet. The previous owners had the place wired up per their desires and they have coax outlets in the strangest spots.

Can I split the signal?
Do I need a special splitter, or one with specific specs?

I forgot to ask the Charter guy when he was out. Actually, I hadn't even thought that far ahead yet.

Make sure the splitter can handle an input signal between 1Mhz and 1Ghz and most importantly that it can output that whole range as well. Most splitters today in most stores will work just fine. I suggest just trying any splitters you have and check the signal strength on the digital box to make sure everything is fine. Right now I have a splitter for both my HDTV box and my cable modem and they both have been working fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts