Cheap way on Dish 500 install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tommypic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Greenville, SC
was wanting to put 1 of my Dish 311 receivers at my lake house but don't know what to get , so i can pickup all the channels . Hooked it to a single dish they installed but cant get all the channels, will a direct dish work but its a single
Thanks
Tommy :confused:

If you want to receive the same programming you will need to duplicate the dish setup. A Dish500 looks at 2 satellite locations (110 AND 119) a standard DirecTV dish can only look at 1 satellite location (110 OR 119). In order to receive all the programming available on a Dish500 you would need 2 standard DirecTV dishes. It's probably best to get the Dish500.

An additional note. If you will be transporting the receiver between locations it is best to match the LNB type between locations (both DishPro or both Legacy) to avoid the possibility of damaging your equipment.

I was wondering why might some dumb but not up on this sat stuff .I have 2 dishes on house that dish put in 1 dual and 1 single lnb and have 3 receivers 1 DVR 510 and 2 Dish 311 was wondering way there are 2 dishes. I am getting all channels they have , am i going to have tto get some kind of swith for the lake ?

Thanks
Tommy

If you have 3 dishes it means most likely your locals are on one of the "wing" sats and in order to get the same programming at the beach house you will have to duplicate your home setup. (yes you have, and will needsome type of switch)

In the interest of keeping things simple I would like to suggest we collect all of tommypic's questions into one thread. The questions are asked in the following threads:
what do i need to get all channels on Dish
Cheap way on Dish 500 install
Will this work with Dish ???
and
Dish pro 500 dish
I would suggest that all further replies be made to the "what do i need to get all channels on Dish" post.

The basic question he keeps asking is "What do I need to receive all the channels at my lake house that I receive at my main house if I take one of my receivers to the lake house?"

Information that tommypic has posted about his home setup.
Dish500 pointed @ 110/119
Dish300 pointed @ 61.5
Dish DVR 510 receiver
2 Dish 311 receivers (intends to use one of these at lake house)
Information about tommypic's setup we don't know
LNB type. Are they DishPro or Legacy?
Switch type. (Go to Menu--System Setup--Installation--Point Dish-Check Switch to find this information.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)