Check out the programing on dish now

Has anyone else noticed how often Dish is messing up now?

They jacked up Sling and got coverage for that blunder on multiple sites. Switching problems... What the hell is going on over there?

The Sling issue is still an issue, most Slingbox owners can still not access their Slingboxes currently. :(

I wish more media would pick up on that...

Just got this in my inbox.

DISH Network encountered a video routing problem this morning at orbital location 119. The result was channel content showing up on incorrect channels. The problem started at 3:55am MT and was resolved by 8:02am MT.

Here is another statement, this one from the PR Department.

Starting at approximately 3:30 a.m. MDT, satellite uplink provider, EchoStar, experienced an equipment failure associated with a primary video router located at its uplink facility in Wyoming, which caused a portion of DISH Network’s standard definition channels to default to a variety of international channels. EchoStar identified the failure and restored service by 7 a.m. MDT. Local TV channels and high definition channels were not affected.

Dont they do Maintnance on these things any more, or is that being half assed too! This is what happens when you go cheap.

Oh please!

This was a trivial issue.

And of course no other sat service ever has glitches. Oh wait! Didn't one of them, a few time, have glitches that caused massive resets with a loss of all timers and recordings? I'm sure I saw that somewhere... :)

There is probably not maintenance to be done on the router. They probably had a backup unit on site (they would have to have one to restore service so fast). They probably had to manually move all the cables from the old box to the new one and test each connection. I doubt it was lack of maintenance or cheap equipment.

This is not a network router, but a video router, so our experience with residential network routers does not apply. Maintenance? Maybe yes, maybe no. Given how many channels it was carrying, I'll bet it cost more than my house!

Yeah, I agree that they resolved it fairly quickly. I'm just glad it didn't happen during prime time. I bet there would have been chaos and grumbling everywhere!!

yea my setups good, never noticed anything... don't really watch many SD channels anyway. but props on dish for clearing it up before it got to be a big problem.

Charlie penny pinches, but never on equipment. Both Dish and Direct seem to have the best of the state of the art in the realm of encoders and other electronics that are part of the video and audio chain. Such an outage happens to EVERY company in the business. This happened with cable and even the big networks. The real test is how quickly they can fix it. So far, not really a big deal, and Dish fixed it.

Same applies

This is not a network router, but a video router, so our experience with residential network routers does not apply. Maintenance? Maybe yes, maybe no. Given how many channels it was carrying, I'll bet it cost more than my house!

Video routers aren't that much different than a network router. It works or it doesn't pretty much. As far as price on a large one "it's kind of if you have to ask how much; then you can't afford it" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)