Check out this 722 bug

horseflesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
I saw text overlaid on a recording I was watching tonight. I wish I could recall exactly what I did to cause this. I think it just popped up when I hit the 30 sec skip.

Calling up any other display erased the corrupted area that it overlapped so I hit Guide/Exit to get rid of all of it.

I've only seen this happen once.

Attachments

• 722-bug.jpg
    722-bug.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 392
I had plenty of time to walk into another room and get my camera. The show was playing with that junk on top of it.

Oh, I didn't realize it stayed there.

You know, it seems to me I've seen something similar but only on TV2 (on a 622).

I had my 722 get backed up in commands when I hit the swap button, the screen went black and I entered four or five other commands including the guide and menu button. The screen remained black for another 30 seconds or so and then the 722 ran thru all the commands that I had entered, jumping from one screen to another until it had cauught up with all the commands that were entered. Anyone else had this happen to them.

Reset the box and it should be fine.
...until it happens again.

Thank you, Bill Gates. People don't expect technology to be perfect because 25 years of running MS-DOS and Windows has taught people "that computers are too complex to have everything work together" and to "just reboot" when things go wrong.

It's TV. It's supposed to work, period. Now, my TV has an End User Licensing Agreement! That's just so wrong.

...until it happens again.

Thank you, Bill Gates. People don't expect technology to be perfect because 25 years of running MS-DOS and Windows has taught people "that computers are too complex to have everything work together" and to "just reboot" when things go wrong.

It's TV. It's supposed to work, period. Now, my TV has an End User Licensing Agreement! That's just so wrong.

AMEN!!! Reboot is not a solution, it is a patch!!

With the use of digital programming this kind of stuff will happen, especially when options are provided. These receivers are special purpose computers, and the software is continually being updated to provide more options. This is great, but confusing, and aggravating when a new piece of software has a previously non-existing bug. My 722 receiver is frequently doing something that surprises me, but then I realize I've sat down on the remote or something equally dumb like lay it down upside down on the arm of my easy chair.

However, something that's bothered the heck out of me is the reverse-play sequence. For some reason, when I've been reversing to catch a replay of something I wanted to see again (or that happened when I was in the kitchen, like a golf shot), I make the run back to the correct place to start but when I hit the play button it jumps back in time about 2 more minutes. Then if I try to jump forward, I jump right over my desired starting point, and have to start reversing again. Really aggravating.

Regards,
Fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)