Check Switch Details No signal Port 4 External LNB

bng4bk

Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
I just added a Dish 500 tuned to 129 and connected it to my 1000.2 via the external input port 4. After the Check Switch test, it still doesn't acknowledge anything on this port. The Details section says "No Signal Port4 External LNB input".

I covered the 129 LNB on the 1000.2, but still don't get my 129.

Any ideas on how to enable or identify the activity on this port to the receiver?

An aside.... my dumba$$ installer had difficulty tuning my system for all 3 birds, and I now know why...he put a nice dent in the dish just off of the center. I did some work on it with my autobody dollies, and increased my SS a bit, but I think this dish is screwed.

you missed aimed 129 dish try again, it wold be easier to aim if you clear the matrix and bypass dish 1000.2 just make it straight to receiver also it wold make it easier if you use single toner box to aim with unless you have a meter. and if the tech dented dish call dish and have it replaced

OK, not sure about that response. Matrix? do you mean switch? I don't have one. It is straight shot from dish to receiver. Bypass 1000.2? You got me with that one. Thanks for the help though.

Any other takers?

The 1000.2 has a switch built in. What he's saying is to clear the switch matrix.

Disconnect the satellite feed in the back of the receiver. Run check switch.
Connect the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Yeah after you clear the switch, hook up the 129 dish straight to the receiver first until you get a sig. , then hook it back to your 1000.2 and hook the 1000.2 back to the receiver and run your final check switch.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I disconnected the input to the separator and cleared the matrix. I then reconnected and ran it again, but still got only 110 and 119. I'll go up and connect the 129 direct and try that next.

Well, I connected the 129 and saw it and 119 on the test. Problem is when I reconnected to the 1000.2, with the dish 500 on 129 input in the 4th port lnb, the check switch test reverted to 110/119 again.

Well, I connected the 129 and saw it and 119 on the test. Problem is when I reconnected to the 1000.2, with the dish 500 on 129 input in the 4th port lnb, the check switch test reverted to 110/119 again.

Are you using a Dish500 with a twin? With the results of your check switch you have to be. If so does it say DishPro on the front of it? If it does not it is a legacy LNB and that wont work.

If you're using the SAT in port for 129, you must cover the 129 eye on the 1000.2 lnb. You can use aluminun foil.

Are you sure when you connect the 500 to the 1000 you are only connecting the 129 bird? You mentioned that when connected directly to the receiver you got 119 and 129. Just a guess but maybe you're trying to connect 2 sats to a port intended for only one and the 1000 rejects the input because of it. Try setting skew on the 500 to 90 degrees and repoint so only 129 is seen when connected directly to the receiver and a check switch test is run. You may even try covering the one side of the lnb. When you get only 129 on check switch, then connect to the 1000 and see what happens. Of course, keep the 129 lnb on the 1000 covered. No idea if this is even a valid suggestion but it made sense when I wrote it.

Thanks for all the help guys. I currently have the 129 lnb covered with foil and cable tied. I pointed the 500 for the 129 bird using my birdog meter, so I'm pretty sure I've got it pointed right. I am only inputting 1 cable to the 1000 from the 500. I guess I could be off-tuned on the 129 to pick up the 119, but I do have a strong 129 signal. I'll check my pointing after tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)