Check Switch question

The fewer connections the better. For a single 211z, you would only need a single cable from the dish to the receiver.

4 way splitter will not work, the outputs are 25% of the input plus it is rated for 900mhz, not the 3000mhz needed for satellite frequencies.

Reactions: charlesrshell
4 way splitter will not work, the outputs are 25% of the input plus it is rated for 900mhz, not the 3000mhz needed for satellite frequencies.
I made a run at the Internet and found a nice 8-way splitter rated for 3GHz in short order. But it was not power-passing. I think the OP needs 2X 8-way power-passing splitters. These are rare.

Thanks everyone for your input. Hopefully I will get it resolved soon. I will get the barrel connectors tomorrow.
Just some more info on the setup: There was a Holland 4 way splitter beside the SWM splitter over on the side of the house where the cables go under the house...and also the dual ground block near the dish for the cable from the LNB connect. There are 3 cables coming from under the house (since there are 3 receiver locations in the house, but only 1 will be used). So I'm trying to get that 1 cable to go right into the LNB as simply as possible but I'm having to get the connectors plugged together correctly (OUTs and INs). One last question and maybe I'll be done bugging you all for now. Is it ok to leave the one side of the dual line RG6 unhooked? It's a 5 ft dual line coming off the LNB. This was never answered. If it's not ok, I need to know what connector I need to tie these 2 cables into a single cable that goes to the receiver.

The fewer connections the better. For a single 211z, you would only need a single cable from the dish to the receiver.
I agree. But since the original cable has been cut to connect to the splitters, I assume the barrel connectors would be my best option so I won't have to have a new cable made. I'm avoiding having Dish come out to fix it because the receiver isn't in my name. Before I moved, I lived within 200 ft of my mom and dad's house on their land.

... One last question and maybe I'll be done bugging you all for now. Is it ok to leave the one side of the dual line RG6 unhooked? It's a 5 ft dual line coming off the LNB. ...
Yes, that's okay and normal. I'd tape it over really good, just in case you add another receiver later.

Reactions: Wjhuskey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)