Check Switch works on 942 but not 622?

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Have anyone ever seen this happened? Installer came yesterday to replace my 942 with a 622. Before the install, I was pointing to 110, 119, and 61.5 with 2 dishes. The installer replaced the 942 with the 622 and repoint the 61.5 to 129 to pick up my local channels. When he did a check switch, it shows X X NC. Individually, all the sat signals are there. He connected the 942 back and everything seems to work just fine.

He said he is coming back on Friday with a different type of switch. Do you guys think this is a switch problem or the problem with the 622? Thanks for any help.

Try This

Unplug and disconnect the both A and B antenna. Plug back in and run check switch. Unplug and connect antenna back in and run check switch again. That fixed mine when no one else could solve the problem.

The poor guy spent 3 hours pluging, unpluging, switching out dish, talking on the phone to get help, and still check switch wouldn't work. I don't know what type of the switch it has or what type the new one is suppose to be. It is strange that the 942 works perfect and the 622 doesn't. He is coming back tomorrow morning.. hopefully it will work.

Right now he took off the switch to the 129 so I only got 110 and 119. I am already missing my HD channels. And I cannot connect back to the 942 because it has been deactivated alerady. :(

Are you using a separator for the 622? What software version is the 622 at? (Press Menu twice to get the software version) Should be at L3.60.

If receiver is not at L3.60, I would connect the satellite feed to Sat1 directly (bypass separator) and turn off the receiver and wait 30 minutes to update the software. Then run check switch.

Not sure about separator. The 2 Dish 500 + OTA antenna are all connected into 1 line coming into the house and then separated back to many lines into my 2 receivers. It was working perfectly before until the installer did 2 things yesterday:

1) He switched out the VOOM dish (was pointing to 61.5) to a Dish 500 and pointed that to 129

2) He switched out the 942 to 622.

I couldn't check the software version right now at work, but I saw the new software download and install (took about 10 to 15 min) on the new box yesterday. So I think it should have the latest software version.

Need said:
Not sure about separator. The 2 Dish 500 + OTA antenna are all connected into 1 line coming into the house and then separated back to many lines into my 2 receivers. It was working perfectly before until the installer did 2 things yesterday:

1) He switched out the VOOM dish (was pointing to 61.5) to a Dish 500 and pointed that to 129

2) He switched out the 942 to 622.

I couldn't check the software version right now at work, but I saw the new software download and install (took about 10 to 15 min) on the new box yesterday. So I think it should have the latest software version.
That will never work. Need at least two lines coming in for two receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts