Check Switch

phillyphil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 11, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Hey Guys
For the last two weeks when I come home I get the error message that there has been an erro detected and I need to run a check switch. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I have a 522 and this message only shows on the tv2 location. As for dealing with dish, I find it repugnant to pay them $99 to fix their leased equipment.

Yesterday my showroom 522 gave a switch problem message. I ran check switch and it repeatedly said 1 tuner was seeing both satellites and 1 was seeing only 1. I disconnected DP-34 switch and just barrelled the connections to the Twin. It then tested ok. This morning I put the DP-34 back in place and reran the switch test the same receiver and switch is now testing OK. Just blame it on poor DISH software.

Random switch error messages are almost always cable/connector issues.
Reseat all connectors and snug them up.

I have seen the DP34 switch "lock up" several times. The fix is usually unplug all receivers, plug 1 back in, do a switch check to verify, then plug the other receivers back in. The other receivers usually dont need a switch check.

Sorry about the lack of reply. I climbed up and snugged everything up and it appears to be working OK. I will let everyone know if this changes. Thanks for the assist.

Receiver power reset AND check switch will keep this bug away for the most part. Sometimes, a check switch will not suffice. You may need to take power off the LNB and temporary memory on the receiver before running a check switch. ;)

Receiver power reset AND check switch will keep this bug away for the most part. Sometimes, a check switch will not suffice. You may need to take power off the LNB and temporary memory on the receiver before running a check switch. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)