Check Switch?

Davejb

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
Hey all, new to the forum and Sat TV. Have had it for about 3 weeks. 3 times an error has come up saying something about the signal and I should run check switch, I just hit select and it goes away and my picture comes back. ANy ideas as to why this keeps happening? And what exactly does a check switch do?

Davejb,

I am not an expert, but... push the menu button, then 6, 1, 1 and run a check switch. that is what the message is asking you to do. Try it and see if the message goes away.

Do you have a SuperDish? How many receivers do you have? Does it happen on all of them at the same time? What kind of signal strength do you have? Does it happen during a storm?

No storms since the install, signal strength is 102, receiver is a single 625 to 2 TV's. I have no idea what my dish is, only other thing on my work order is "DPP Twin". The guy didn't fill out the order very well, he didn't write anything under dish type.
On the install summary screen of the receiver menu there is 2 boxes right above the test and other button selections that says superdish and alternate. I ran the test and it checked ok.

Signal strength is meaningless without a transponder number. The standard is to report TPs 11 AND 12 for both 110 AND 119. Your 102 number might be for a spotbeam that actually should be higher - or not.

A DPP-Twin is easy to identify by looking a the LNB. It will have a big "DP PLUS" label on it. You probably also have a DPP Separator handing off the back of the 625 - that's a dead giveaway that you have either a DPP-Twin or DPP44 switch - and for a single 625 receiver, you do NOT have an expensive DPP44. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)