Not open for further replies.

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Subject Received
FW: ban Exxon and Mobil Wed 8/31/2005 9:04 OOOOOPPPS Wouldnt let me send it. Somebody delete it for me thanks

Ok I don't know why it wouldn't let me send it so I guess I'll do it the old fashioned way. Do you think the oil companies were making fat cash when the price of gas was $1.50 per gallon? You bet your back side they were. Price isn't determined by the cost of production rather the cost is determined by what the marketplace will bear.....and currently our market is bearing $2.50+ per gallon. With no action the cost will only go up. . Want gas prices to go down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. By now you're probably thinking gas priced at $1.50 is super cheap. The oil companies have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is cheap at $1.50-$1.75, We need to take aggressive action to teach them that buyers control the marketplace not the sellers. Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we can have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, Don't purchase any gas from the two biggest companies Exxon and Mobil who are now one company. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will follow suit. If this message got to enough people and we followed through with it prices would go down. Pass this message on to as many people as you can.

I agree in theory, but I'm certainly not going to walk over 50+ miles to work. I gaves up driving my truck a few months ago (and yes...that was a tear drop you heard falling into my coffee) in favor of our spare econo-like sedan. I am even thinking about buying a hybrid. Ugh! Unless we see alternative power cells (hydrogen) produced in mass quantities, I don't see how this boycott can work. As an added measure, I will gladly give up cutting the grass...but I'm sure the wife and neighbors wouldn't be happy.

I've seen this email going around for years now, "don't buy gas from the big oil companies". In theory it makes sense but it doesn't work because we all have different needs. For A or B reason some people need to fill up their tanks every day to do their job. Some others need to drive for hours just to get to work, so we all depend on gas one way or the other. Most of the gas stations are owned by the "big oil" companies, so you have to drive around to find one that doesn't belong to these so called "big oil" companies.

It won't make any difference anyway. All gasoline comes from the same big refiners, many of which are owned by the major oil companies. Independent stations are only selling the excess capacity the majors don't need. On the West coast that means most independents are really selling ARCO gas.

NightRyder

Yeah, it doesn't matter where you buy your gas, who do you think the smaller companies buy their gas from?

Hydrogen is too far out because we've got a president who doesn't believe in science, and wacko's who actually say "Where will we sell hydrogen cells?!?", how about at the gas stations that will GLADLY take that business because they know oil is going to run out in a couple decades, morons...You'll buy hydrogen cells at the same damn place you buy gas...

But it's not like saturn or any of the other 'american' car companies are going to do it first anyways, you know it'll be toyota who gets the mass hydrogen car out first, so it doesn't matter anyways...

I dont want to get into a big gas argument, but as of the moment I'm writing this gas cost $2.45 a gallon to make. Add $0.02 for transportation costs and $0.10 profit that takes you to $2.57 most states also tack on huge gas taxes. In Pa its currently at $0.45 that takes your gallon upto $3.02 give or take.

Dude I have some serious gas today. Can I sell it by the aerosol can???

NO DRILLING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts