Check Your Bills closely

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I use cc autopay and receive a hard copy of my bill. My Feb.27 bill indicates that I owe 115 dollars and 99 cent. Last night I checked my billing through my receiver and it went up 5 dollars and 16 cent. I called a csr (who didn't speak good english btw) who first said I ordered a new receiver yesterday. I informed him no I did not. He then puts me on hold for about 20 minutes. He comes back and then tells me I ordered a 510 back in Jan. Replied no sir. Puts me on hold again for about 10 min. and then tells me I ordered two 510's back in the first part of Dec.and that I am now paying the lease fee. Ohboy is this a cluster you know what. I hang up and call back playing csr roulette. The next csr tries to tell me that I had ordered a 522 yesterday, No mam. I am on hold another 20 min. Finally this Lady comes on the phone and tells me that I had ordered two 510's back in Oct. of 04. This is correct. She goes on to tell me that I haven't been paying the lease fees for the two boxes and that billing had just corrected the problem yesterday. Well now they have me at a loss. Back in Oct. when I did the Dishinitup promo which I did through the executive office I was told that since I had the aep package my bill would not go up but 1 cent. Somehow I did not believe this. I waited two days and called the executive office again to which I was told my bill would only go up 5 bucks so I leased two 510's and turned my 301's in which I had owned and received a 50 dollar credit. Don't get me wrong I like the 510's even though I think we as customers have been lied to about nbr but what a way to do bussiness.

I hate to reply to my own thread but I just tried to check my account with Dish through my computer using my password for them and I am comming up with someone elses bill who owes 54 dollars. I wish that was my bill. How screwed up are these people.

Man, that is awesome. :(

I think I actually would have gotten a kick out of being on your end of those phone conversations while the CSRs kept playing the guessing game. To repeat what's being said more and more often on here, they really need to straighten up their act.

I'm curious what other peoples' bills look like, so I think I'll go log into my account and see what I get. :no

Edit: Nope, sorry, can't log in now... Technical difficulties. At least this time the site is admitting it, that's the first step.

Many times I get conflicting numbers between the website, my mailed statement and what they tell me on the phone.

This month I have a $10 credit for overpayment last month, event hough I paid what was due according to the mailed statement.

boba said:
"DISH Notwerk"

Get a new line. That one is really getting old (not to mention that it's really quite stupid). You hate DISH. Everyone knows it. Geez.

Someone please tell me what I am supposed to pay for two leased 510's with the AEP package. I called Dish,posed as a prospective new customer and asked what the charges would be if I sign up for AEP and they stated that there would be no charge for both boxes. When I call as a customer about this they tell me that there is a 5 dollar lease fee for each box. I could not find any information on DishNetworks website pertaining to what advantages AEP gives you other than the programing.

ByrdWatcher said:
Someone please tell me what I am supposed to pay for two leased 510's with the AEP package. I called Dish,posed as a prospective new customer and asked what the charges would be if I sign up for AEP and they stated that there would be no charge for both boxes. When I call as a customer about this they tell me that there is a 5 dollar lease fee for each box. I could not find any information on DishNetworks website pertaining to what advantages AEP gives you other than the programing.
A leased 510 has a $5.00 per month fee for each receiver, it also would have a $4.98 per month DVOD FEE( DISH Video On Demand). The Americas Everything Pak eliminates the DVOD fees but not the lease fees. :) :) :)

i'm not sure if this is the problem that your having but there was a problem for customers whose bill cycled on a certain few days in january where the computer forgot to charge them for the dvr fee. so dish network found the mistake & is trying to recover their mistakes by charging the fee on the next bill. they are also supposedly trying to send letters & automated messages explaining the billing issue.

tuffnuts said:
i'm not sure if this is the problem that your having but there was a problem for customers whose bill cycled on a certain few days in january where the computer forgot to charge them for the dvr fee. so dish network found the mistake & is trying to recover their mistakes by charging the fee on the next bill. they are also supposedly trying to send letters & automated messages explaining the billing issue.

if this is the case, dish should eat the charges as a way of saying sorry for lying to all the pvr owners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)