Checked out the new Ikea store in Canton MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Packed up the family truckster and headed on down to see what all the fuss was about them swedes and their furniture......wow!! I am impressed at all that I found there in the store and can easily see why it has such a huge following in Europe and now coming into the states. As soon as I get a couple of issues taken care of I can see the wife and I redoing the whole house.

Isn't Ikea junk? Ikea's been in the states for years, and I thought it had a "your first apartment" feel to it, but they don't have them in ohio so I don't know first hand...

IKEA sells for "compact living" for the most part. Not junk- but not the sturdiest stuff, either. Well designed, stylish. Much of it is designed to be folded/packed away tightly for shipping worldwide.

Van said:
Packed up the family truckster and headed on down to see what all the fuss was about them swedes and their furniture......wow!!
Oh, duuuude. Please tell me you aren't one of those sad sacks I saw on the news camping out for the "grand" opening!

Camping out. For furniture. Furniture. I'm pretty speechless.

Nope, I dont camp out for anything anymore like I used to for concert tickets back in my twenties.

I wouldnt call what they had junk, rather most of it is smart and trim as compared to the typical oversized and baggy things that you find in most stores now.

For about $6k I could redo every room in my house and it would actually look good and I wouldnt mind the european taste either.

Prices were good and I dont think that anything I saw would be considered junk such as what you find in walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)