checking balance on a receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jonathag

Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
I just bought a dvr510 from a friend, I am going to sell it on ebay. The 510's I've seen on ebay say things about there being a zero balance on the account that the dvr was activated on. Is there a way to check to see if the 510 I bought came from an account that has a zero balance on it? If it didn't and I sold it on ebay and someone bought it and plugged it in would it not work??

Yes. Call 1-800-333-Dish and tell the CSR that you want to check to see if this receiver has a balance on it. You will need the receiver number to do this. It starts with R00 and can be found on a label on the back of your receiver or by going to Menu/6/1/3 with your remote.

Thanks, this sucks, I bought a dvr510 for $25 and it's got a $158 balance on it!! UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

That's why you should never buy a receiver until you check to see if there is a balance first. Looks like you learned a valuable lesson. At least it was only $25 and you can at least take the hard drive out and use it.

Yep, I sure did. I was going to do that, take the hard drive out and put it in an external enclosure cabinet to use on my pc, do you know of any problems with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)