Checking Signal Strength

KenB123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Northern Illinois
Please humor me if this is a dumb question. I just don't know everything about the satellite stuff as yet.

When I check the signal strength via the Setup menu, the menu page allows me to change the satellite number (e.g., 129). It also allows me to change the Transponder (e.g., 1 through 30). When I change the Transponder, the signal strength then varies. So if I wanted to quote what a particular satellite's signal strength is, which Transponder should be selected?

Also, when changing the Transponder number, sometimes it changes to 'SpotBeam'. What is that?

For 119 and 110 you want to use Transponder 11. For 129, I use TP 19 because it's my highest one but I think the installers use TP17 because it's the home transponder.

Spotbeam means that the signal from that transponder can only be seen in a particular region or area. Your local channels are usually on a Spotbeam tp since they're channels for your area only.

For 119 and 110 you want to use Transponder 11. For 129, I use TP 19 because it's my highest one but I think the installers use TP17 because it's the home transponder.

Spotbeam means that the signal from that transponder can only be seen in a particular region or area. Your local channels are usually on a Spotbeam tp since they're channels for your area only.

So RandallA, what is the best to use for 118.7 and 61.5?? Thanks

Now we're supposedly using on the 110 and 119, transponders, 14, 15, 16, and 21, according to our ATM a few months back. If you get your locals in HD on the 118, before going to the point dish screen, turn to that channel. Then when you go to the PD screen, you will be on the sat and transponder that you have your receiver tuned too.

Last edited:
Now we're supposedly using on the 110 and 119, transponders, 14, 15, 16, and 21, according to our ATM a few months back. If you get your locals in HD on the 118, before going to the point dish screen, turn to that channel. Then when you go to the PD screen, you will be on the sat and transponder that you have your receiver tuned too.

OK, got it. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts