Chicago HD Locals (on 129?)

parrothd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Are the chicago HD locals on sat 129?

I had Dish installed about 2 weeks ago and the chicago local HD channels keep pixelating/breaking up. The sat strength for 129 on my system is only around 50-55 for most transponders, mabye around 65-70 for transponder 12(I think is the chicago locals). Is this normal?

I have dish coming out to adjust the dish for 129, but what I've read on the forum is that 129 will always have a low signal, should I request dish add a second dish just for 129? I haven't cancled my Comast HD service yet so I can switch back, but I like the Dish DVR.. :)

I had Dish installed about 2 weeks ago and the chicago local HD channels keep pixelating/breaking up. The sat strength for 129 on my system is only around 50-55 for most transponders, mabye around 65-70 for transponder 12(I think is the chicago locals). Is this normal?

I have dish coming out to adjust the dish for 129, but what I've read on the forum is that 129 will always have a low signal, should I request dish add a second dish just for 129? I haven't cancled my Comast HD service yet so I can switch back, but I like the Dish DVR.. :)

Yes they are, http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/129west.html Have your technician peak off 129 when he comes out. Please use the HD Forum for HD questions :D :D

While I don't know about the 129 signal, have you tried OTA for local HD? You will be surprised as to how clear & how many channels you get for free.

Yep, I have OTA setup so I can record 3 HD shows, 2 for my g-friend, 1 for me..:mad:

Thanks!...What should the signal be at peek?near 100?

the best you can do is have a separate dish for 129, I live down in manteno and get mine in the 60's off of a dish 1000. When i do get home late this summer im going to retune for better signal though. I would recommend a 2nd dish for 129 as it will peak out better than what a dish 1000will. The best setup seems to be a dish 500 for 110/119 and another dish aimed at 129. :)

ABC 7 has had some problems with it's digital channel. In the last few weeks it has been breaking up. I switched form the Dish HD channel to OTA. Both were breaking up at the same time. So I know it must be channel 7. As far as the other HD locals the Dish picture is great.

You should be getting higher signals than that on 129. I am in Chicago and I get 80+ on most 129 transponders. Even yesterday during the snow storm my signals were 70+.

I have a Dish 1000 (not the 1000.2)

It needs to be readjusted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)